Does tarot attract any (bad) spirits?

ghost271

I always visualize myself surrounded in white light, pray for angelic and spirit guide protection, and that any negative energy be kept away, and that 'God' would surround me with a hedge of protection. No problems whatsoever.....

I grew up in a fundalmentalist christian home, and it took me years to undo the brainwashing I was inundated with. I finally had to stop fighting what felt right in my heart and soul. The church puts too much superstition and fear into divination. Summoning spirits on the other hand......well thats another story.

nisaba

ghost271 said:
I always visualize myself surrounded in white light, pray for angelic and spirit guide protection, and that any negative energy be kept away, and that 'God' would surround me with a hedge of protection. No problems whatsoever.....
<grin> I haven't done any of that in probably twenty years and, yes, also no problems whatsoever. Whatever works for the individual. I believe the best psychic protection is being happy - nothing can touch you if you are, and it's relatively simple to do.

ghost271

Nisaba, I think you are right about being happy. I go the extra mile because of negative experiences I have had with different spirits and entities, and just want to make sure nothing else gets involved or drawn to me. It does come down to personal preference in the end. I always say 'Better safe than sorry.'

nisaba

Hey, look, it can't do any harm! I friend of mine does the odd reading for people she knows, and we played swapsies a couple of months ago. I know she won't mind my mentioning it - at hte beginning of the reading she did you me, she wrapped my shoulders up in a white shawl that she'd had blessed by the Dalai Lama "for protection", and took us on a brief meditation out along the branch of a gum tree near the house, up into the sky, and back to the table. Unusual, but interesting. Between readings, she keeps her cards wrapped in the same shawl.

214red

i do think that if you dont have to protect yourself and/or ground yourself, then likely you are not that sensitive/open. if you were you would need to protect yourself.

nisaba

Or you are permanently protected anyway and don't need to do anything extra.

ideely

Protection

A recent thread on the Forum discussed rituals folks use to prepare for a reading. There were so many idea ranging from nothing at all to elaborate prayers and routines. It was a pleasure to see so much variety - Tarot allows so much individual expression.

I invoke the Elements as a preparation. While lighting incense, a candle, filling water glasses and sprinkling a little salt, I silently meditate on the gifts associated with air, fire, water and earth. I don't particularly think of this as protective - more as establishing a mental state that is grounded and receptive.

Many in the previous thread did mention that they rely on a ritual of some kind to establish intention. I believe that a positive intent is its own protection. If we mean well, we do good.

Umbrae

I invoke the Elements as a preparation. While lighting incense, a candle, filling water glasses and sprinkling a little salt, I silently meditate on the gifts associated with air, fire, water and earth.
Reading since 1972.

Have never done ‘riturals’.

As the thread titile is ‘Does tarot attract any (bad) spirits?” it now seems we are moving out of does it attract and into ‘What I do to keep them demons away from me…”

Even with a subject change. “None of the above” is the correct answer.

Stick around long enough and you'll see that the folks busy 'protecting' themselves often feel drained and washed out after ONE reading.

Well what the heck ya think's gonna happen if you roll yourself up in a giant condom and protect yourself from the universe itself - which is trying to give you the universal energy that you need! Putting yourself in that giant condom of life is nothing more than an invitation for the real dangerouscritters out there..."Ooooo a 'seal a meal" If we truly needed protection from the universe - we'd...damn...look at the teeth on tha

(Editors note: poster appears to have been eaten by a large frog like demon).

moderndayruth

Umbrae said:
Well what the heck ya think's gonna happen if you roll yourself up in a giant condom and protect yourself from the universe itself...

:D :D :D

Tansey Ella

I was raised believing demons were everywhere and trying to attack people, particularly those who serve God. I do not believe that any longer , however I still think the universe has both good and evil people and spirits, entities, whatever. I had a recent bad experience with an Ouija board, but still I am not going to live my life in fear. I do use some basic protection practices but I do not spend enormous amounts of time worrying about it any longer. I think that intent and having love as your motivation is your best protection.