Hierophant in Outcome

Fulgour

Teheuti said:
I'd like to suggest Christine Payne-Towler's self-published book,
_The Underground Stream_ as a valiant effort to do just this.
Christine seems like a nice person, and I have corresponded
with her... but maybe her interactive computer card game
would be more helpful. As for reading this... oh please no.

The_Star

Hierophant

WhiteRaven said:
I would like member's thoughts and interpretations when the Hierophant lands in an Outcome in a relationship spread. I'm having a horrible time trying to understand that card in the outcome of that type of spread. Does it really mean marriage for the most part? I know, the other cards also play into it...but do others have a problem like this with the Hierophant?

Hi,
First of all you can do a second reading using the Hierophant as the significator to obtain more information.

Secondly, it is unlikely that The Hierophant means marriage. It can, nevertheless, indicate that the relationship will lead you to a higher form of spiritual knowledge. The highest form of spiritual knowledge is, of course, love.

The Hierophant is one of three of the major arcana cards that provides an entry (initiation) into the mysteries; so the outcome, according to your reading, is significant.

I suggest doing a second reading designed to find out more insight into the outcome of the first reading. It is my belief that your personal desires (marriage?) are blocking your receiving the true importance of the first reading.

tink27

WhiteRaven

I've not been with this wonderful forum for that long. I'm learning so much from you all. I have had on occasion the Hierophant as the outcome. There are so many wonderful ideas here. My comments possibly confirm what has already been said before.

With the Hierophant and Temperance, my thoughts are that harmony can be achieved if you can balance spiritual and earthly values together.

To do this you both may have to undergo some uncomfortable confrontations within your psyche. With Temperance, the Hierophant may be asking both of you to pay attention to how you project your energies onto one another. Temperance may be asking you to present yourself as the true expression of what is inside you. Then you and your friend with have the freedom and relaxation that comes when your body, mind, and emotions have equal acceptance for each other.

With the Hieorphant and Temperance in a relationship spread for myself I would ask "Why can't I just be myself no matter where I am or who I'm with?" We are so brilliantly adaptable. Our ever changing personality is who we are. It is the result of being yourself, being honest with your feelings, and hoping for the same spontaneity from others.

These marvelous characteristics are what make other people feel so relaxed in your presence, and should never be curbed by your own or society's misconceptions about free expression. Adaptability is one of the principle talents life has given us so that we can comfortably experience more variety in life.

tink

Red Emma

Heirophant

Your insight is, well, insightful. It kind of melds and takes to another level the concerns some of us had about the Heirophant restricting one's behaviour to acceptable social norms. Restricting out creative exploration ... if I interpreted your posting as you intended it.

Glad you've joined ATF.

tink27

Your interpretation is correct

Red Emma said:
Your insight is, well, insightful. It kind of melds and takes to another level the concerns some of us had about the Heirophant restricting one's behaviour to acceptable social norms. Restricting out creative exploration ... if I interpreted your posting as you intended it.

Glad you've joined ATF.

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me!

tink

koulla

psychic sue said:
As an outcome in a relationship question, I would see this as leading to marriage. Of course, the other cards and positions in the spread would confirm this, but to me, the heirophant in these circumstances would represent a traditional view of a relationship. This is because the Heirophant has turned up in many of my readings as representing, authorities, traditionalism, culture etc. So the traditional view of a relationship would lead to marriage in my view. This would be reinforced by the other cards in the spread, as I said before.

Hope this helps.
I agree with you psychic sue, for me the Priest always suggests that a relationship or partnership will be binding, moving on the next comitted stage, and at also seems that it has the seal of approval, or blessed

Grizabella

I haven't read all the pages and posts here, but did want to just put in my two cents------to me, the Heirophant is religious and the Hermit is spiritual. Religious, to me, means kind of straitlaced and rigidly stuck to "rules" of a given kind of behavior. A loose example would be that marriage is religious adherence to what "should" be and just living together is taking the "spiritual" path of following what two people know is right for them regardless of what society deems "proper" (ie religious).