Aggressive Shufflers

dolphingirl

Most of my readings are done over the internet so I don't have to wory about it to much but even when I am in the same room as the person I am reading for I like to do the shuffling. First off tarot decks for the most part are big and unwieldy for people who arn't used to shuffling them (and sometimes for people that are as well :) ). Also then if a card gets hurt there is no one to blame but myself.

Laura Borealis

Here is an advantage I had not thought of to only reading for myself. I never have to worry about someone bending up my cards by aggressive shuffling. Now, if I could get the cats to stop stepping on cards when I'm reading on the bed...

Sillanza

Like Chronata, I'll 'fess up as an "aggressive" shuffler. My family used to play card games all the time, so I don't see my shuffling as aggressive so much as efficient. My cards aren't bent, they are quite flat, but flexible. I only read with a couple of decks regularly ... so I guess they like it!

Oh, I don't like it when other people shuffle my cards, because I've seen how some people shuffle! :D

linabeet

cats...

how many reading analyses have been cut short due to the pitter of indiscriminate paws over the bedspread necessitating the piling up those bendable cards?

VGimlet

I am also an agressive shuffler with my regular reading decks - which is why I have more than one copy.

With my other decks, and other people's decks, I am much more gentle.

I've also had to grab the cards on the bed fast - not just from cats, but from the 170 lb dog who gets up on the bed too.
He is so big, I have to keep an eye out on the cards on the dining table when I'm reading too - they could be slimed at any moment!

:p

Centaur

laura_borealis said:
Here is an advantage I had not thought of to only reading for myself. I never have to worry about someone bending up my cards by aggressive shuffling. Now, if I could get the cats to stop stepping on cards when I'm reading on the bed...

Eiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! I think that would piss me off beyond belief! Haha.

Chronata, do you have a special box in which to store your bow-shaped cards? Hehehe. })

Aun

Usually i ask the querent to spread and mix the cards all over the table and put them back together. I prefer this method, because I think that it allows for a better mix of the cards, let alone reversals.

I never had any damage problems with this method.

dolphingirl

VGimlet said:
I

I've also had to grab the cards on the bed fast - not just from cats, but from the 170 lb dog who gets up on the bed too.
He is so big, I have to keep an eye out on the cards on the dining table when I'm reading too - they could be slimed at any moment!

:p

Do you have a Great Dane or a Saint Bernard?

VGimlet

Heh heh, close - a Mastiff Newfoundland mix - he looks like a beefy, black, slightly worried, big Great Dane.

He doesn't slobber that bad for his breed mix. Of course, that means I get slimed, not, er, drenched, LOL.

He always has to come over and see what I'm doing, and make sure I'm okay when I'm playing with those little papers....

Lula Jing

VGimlet: He always has to come over and see what I'm doing, and make sure I'm okay when I'm playing with those little papers....
Ahhh, bless! Sounds like a lovely animal.

Had to laugh at the cat and dog antics here...

SP :)