Book of Law Study Group 1.36

Aeon418

In addition to my previous remarks I should add Crowley himself appears to have seen AANK in both a personal and impersonal sense. His ritual instructions are testament to this.

Practitioners of Liber Resh are supposed to follow the main addoration with verses from Liber AL that identify the adorant with AANK. (This instruction was given to Jane Wolfe during her time at Cefalu.)
Unity uttermost showed!
I adore the might of Thy breath,
Supreme and Terrible God,
Who makest the gods and death
To tremble before Thee: --
I, I adore Thee!

Appear on the throne of Ra!
Open the ways of the Khu!
Lighten the ways of the Ka!
The ways of the Khabs run through
To stir me or still me!
Aum! let it fill me!

The light is mine; its rays consume
Me: I have made a secret door
Into the House of Ra and Tum,
Of Khephra and of Ahathoor.
I am thy Theban, O Mentu,
The prophet Ankh-af-na-khonsu!

By Bes-na-Maut my breast I beat;
By wise Ta-Nech I weave my spell.
Show thy star-splendour, O Nuit!
Bid me within thine House to dwell,
O wingèd snake of light, Hadit!
Abide with me, Ra-Hoor-Khuit!
Another example is the A.'.A.'. Zelator initiation ritual, Liber CXX Cadveris. The Ritual of Passing through the Tuat. In that ritual the candidate is identified with AANK. The hierophant is R.H.K. This ritual is equivalent to the old Golden Dawn 5=6. But instead of a ritual enactment of the Judgement card, there is the Aeon - the Stele of Revealing.

Aeon418

The dead man, Ankh-af-na-Khonsu

Excerpts from the Stele of Revealing:
The words spoken by the Osiris (i.e. the deceased), the priest of Monthu, Lord of Thebes, the one who opens the doors of the sky in Karnak, the justified Ankh-f-n-Khonsu.....

The deceased, priest of Monthu, Lord of Thebes, the justified Ankh-f-n-Khonsu.

The words spoken by the Osiris, priest of Monthu, Lord of Thebes, the justified Ankh-ef-en-Khonsu.

Words spoken by the Osiris, the priest of Thebes, the justified Ankh-ef-en-Khonsu.
The Dead man Ankh-af-na-Khonsu = Osiris.
Formerly, in the Initiatic system of the old Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, the Candidate represented Asar, or Osiris. The Hierophant, or Initiator who occupied the Seat of Ra in the East, was likewise a form of Osiris. With the Equinox of the Gods in 1904 this scenario changed.

The Hierophant is now a form of Hoor; this much has been revealed. Based on the former synonymity of Initiate and Initiator one might expect the Candidate to be Horus. Yet, in the Aeon of Horus the Candidate initially is Asar once again. The ultimate goal of Initiation, which has not changed, is the uniting of the Candidate with the Initiator.

Initiation in the Aeon of the Child p.36-37
The Initiate does not follow a path that leads from conception or birth to death; the path leads from the realm of the dead. It is the uninitiated individual that is spiritually dead, burried in the refuse of the Qliphoth in the "old grey land."

Beginning as one dead, the first goal of the seeker is resurrection from a death which the world calls life, thereby reversing the Wheel in order to become the Child and reenter the womb of the Mother.

It should be remembered that Osiris is the Lord of the dead.

Initiation in the Aeon of the Child p.50

Aeon418

The Equinox of the Gods, p.85:
ANKH-P-N-KHONShU-T= 666
(We trust the addition of the termination T will be found justified.)
ANKH-P-N-KHONShU = 657.

To make the name equal 666 the letter Teth must be added on to the end.

In Liber 777, columns XIX & XX, line 19, the corresponding gods are Horus and Ra-Hoor-Khuit.

Always Wondering

Just found this. Still digesting, not silent. :laugh: Or maybe silently digesting.

AW