The Chariot

mooiedragon

The Chariot - coincidences related or not?

I wonder if I should have started a new thread for this post - there just seemed to be so many already on The Chariot....

Anyway he's been popping up in a lot of readings I've done for others lately, and I'm wondering if a few of the coincidences are related to other aspects of this card or... not.

Firstly, I know that Crowley attributed Cancer to this card and other posts have made reference to Jupiter exhalted in Cancer... what exaclty does that mean? Are the two similar? I ask because I often find the querent or somebody close to them is an Aries, and in many ways, I do see this card as having similar qualities to those born under the sign of the Ram. I think people get confused if I say The Chariot could relate to a Cancer or Aries, and so far it's mostly been Aries despite Crowley's intentions. Is this normal?

Secondly, many querents have indicated significant circumstances that have involved actual vehicles - problems with their cars, dreams about driving, etc. Has anybody else had similar experiences with this in respect to the Chariot or is this strange coincidence perhaps related to another aspect altogether.

I'm really interested to hear what others have to say!

Cheers,

Mooiedragon

ravenest

mooiedragon said:
Firstly, I know that Crowley attributed Cancer to this card and other posts have made reference to Jupiter exhalted in Cancer... what exaclty does that mean?

Jupiter and Cancer go good together. [To put it simply] Cancer is like the throne for Jupiter. It supports it and lifts it up. It brings out it's best qualities {I know! ... all simplistic terms ... um, it creates an environment suitible for the 'posative'aspects of Jupiter to manifest in! - something like that.}

mooiedragon said:
Are the two similar? I ask because I often find the querent or somebody close to them is an Aries, and in many ways, I do see this card as having similar qualities to those born under the sign of the Ram. I think people get confused if I say The Chariot could relate to a Cancer or Aries, and so far it's mostly been Aries despite Crowley's intentions. Is this normal?

Not in my experience, i don't really relate them.
mooiedragon said:
Secondly, many querents have indicated significant circumstances that have involved actual vehicles - problems with their cars, dreams about driving, etc. Has anybody else had similar experiences with this in respect to the Chariot or is this strange coincidence perhaps related to another aspect altogether.

Yes. I often see a direct relation to cars, vehicles and transport and also any thing or tool outside yourself that helps you get to where you want to go.

abella

jema said:
Jupiter exalted in cancer and that means that the chariot is connected with Fortune. and he is holding the wheel of fortune in his hands. only it is not the wheel it is the Grail filled with the great sea of Binah and spiritual life in the form of blood.

I have read that the Chariot holds the Holy Grail; however, I'm really moved to view it as the Wheel of Life or at minimum the Wheel of Life *within* the Holy Grail.

The Chariot: http://z.about.com/d/altreligion/1/0/F/4/2/s7.jpg
The Wheel of Life: http://www.biblelicious.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/427px-wheel_life_01.jpg

The Thoth deck has such diversified colouring for each card that no two cards are alike and the only card that comes close in colouring to the Wheel of Life is the Chariot. The main colours (in the Chariot card and the wheel of life) are blue, red, white, and gold.

Something to ponder... :)