moon and 2 of swords as action

BrightEye

could this be about becoming aware of and facing your fears? that's how it strikes me. the moon isn't a very active card for me, neither is the 2 of swords. would it be introspection that is called for with this combination?

Sulis

I would say that your take on those 2 cards together sounds like a good one.

If that's what they are saying to you then go with it.

I agree that neither card is an 'active' card, the 2 of Swords relates to the High Priestess and talks of mental interospection and The Moon is the flip side of The Hermit so speaks of listening to your inner voice and going with your intuition.

Al Si'ra

yes i agree with Sulis..i might also see this as "inaction"..and maybe trying to deny the deep feelings and fears and not act about them..

:love:
xx

BrightEye

thanks sulis & al si'ra.

Sulis said:
The Moon is the flip side of The Hermit so speaks of listening to your inner voice and going with your intuition.
i forgot about that but it fits.

Al Si'ra said:
and maybe trying to deny the deep feelings and fears and not act about them..
do you think trying to deny them is a good idea? not acting about these fears yes, but denial?

star-lover

these two cards together tell me its time to reflect, take stock, let some time do its *thing* - in my deck the 2 of swords is quite a healing card -a woman is taking some time out just for herself to think about things and what you want - theres an atmosphere in the card that says all will be well - its evocative of that lovely peaceful feeling just before dawn and at dusk

the moon suggests it may take a little time for you to sort your feelings out

i think its very positive

Al Si'ra

hmm..no i don't thing so..denial is not a good solution..

if i were to take these 2 as an advice i would agree with star-lover..i mean if it is about your own being..those cards say that you should maybe delve into your own being slowly-and that you shouldn't deny what your instincts tell you

if this was about somebody and how they will act on something..i would answer that they are not going to act at all..not at the moment

:love:
xx

BrightEye

thanks star-lover & al si'ra.

the reading was about myself and what kind of action - if any - i should take in relation to a certain situation. i took that to mean no action ,as everyone has said so far, except self-analysis, ie find out why there's so much fear and anxiety involved in this for me. it's this fear (of loss i suppose) that makes me act in ways that might not be beneficial.

WalesWoman

The Moon to me comes with a lot of emotional confusion, unclear or clouded thinking, it seems to be highly instinctual. The two swords is often a truce, finding a mental balance and calm, listening to the sea behind her, being aware of her surroundings even tho they cannot be seen.

So as an action, it seems more of a mental shift than a taking a physical action. An acceptance that perhaps you can't see ahead and need to rely more on your instincts and senses than know what is before you and find peace, and balance. It seems like the two animals and the swords themselves might be related... perhaps calling a truce to an inner emotional battle.