Golden Tarot

retrokat

Thanks, Planetmoon! I've very nearly finished a new deck (which I said I'd never do, but...) - you might like to have a look: http://TouchstoneTarot.com

Alamaris

Oh my goodness, the new deck looks absolutely wonderful, Kat! I've just bought the Golden myself, and I couldn't be happier with it. After a year of waffling over primary decks, I think my collecting days are over. :D

Out of curiosity...would you wager a guess as to the price of the hard-copy-print run, per deck? I feel better about having a physical copy of something, but I can't afford Big Collector prices.

planetmoon

Thank you for the link Kat. Again your images look sumptuous. I must say it is wonderful to be able to speak to the person who created a deck you have in your hands!

I did my card a day this morning and up came the Queen of Swords. I spent a good 30 just immersing myself into that card, so Lord knows how much time I will devote to the others! I write books and just looking at one of your cards gets the descriptive juices flowing.

retrokat

Aeclectic Top Ten

Thanks sooooo much to everyone who voted for Golden again - this makes four years in a row it's been in Aeclectic's Top Ten :)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Let's hope that bodes well for http://TouchstoneTarot.com - I'm currently negotiating with a publisher who have offered me a deal, will be making an announcement soon.

See http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=915823

Breezy

Ok, so.. I fell in love with the Golden Tarot.. Really.

I am one that loves old vintage historical decks... And bought it AS SOON AS I was given the heads up about it. HAHA I love it. You're work is awesome. Very inspiring.

Now I just cant wait to have it come in the mail and just take in all its depth and imagery..

Matt :) :)

Breezy

So about buying this wonderful deck... It hasn't come yet, and I am a little worried as to where I got the deck. It is from amazon but through a private vendor known as Super Book Deals. And I read up in the thread earlier that there were some fake replicas of the deck... Does anyone know if this is still happening? Or do you think I am gonna be safe with getting it from them? I hope I am. :)

retrokat

Hi Breezy, I'm sure it will be fine. The pirate deck looks nothing like the 'real thing' - about half the size, Majors Only, no gold edges, German text. And the going rate for copies of the pirate version on eBay is around $100, so if they *do* send you that instead, you could resell it for a profit :)

SolSionnach

Breezy said:
So about buying this wonderful deck... It hasn't come yet, and I am a little worried as to where I got the deck. It is from amazon but through a private vendor known as Super Book Deals. And I read up in the thread earlier that there were some fake replicas of the deck... Does anyone know if this is still happening? Or do you think I am gonna be safe with getting it from them? I hope I am. :)

Don't worry, Breezy - buying from Amazon resellers can take a *long* time, much longer than buying from Amazon!

Did you check out your seller's rating? I never buy from any seller with a rating less than 96-97% - some of them are in the 80%, which means that they get complaints in 1-2 out of 10 transactions.

Breezy

sravana said:
Don't worry, Breezy - buying from Amazon resellers can take a *long* time, much longer than buying from Amazon!

Did you check out your seller's rating? I never buy from any seller with a rating less than 96-97% - some of them are in the 80%, which means that they get complaints in 1-2 out of 10 transactions.

Oh... Thats what I have heard.. I guess I will learn out of this experience. :)
Thanks for the heads up sravana.

retrokat said:
Hi Breezy, I'm sure it will be fine. The pirate deck looks nothing like the 'real thing' - about half the size, Majors Only, no gold edges, German text. And the going rate for copies of the pirate version on eBay is around $100, so if they *do* send you that instead, you could resell it for a profit :)
Good to know, thanks Kat!

retrokat

sravana said:

Funnily enough, because I'm overseas, I have the opposite experience re Amazon vs Resellers. Amazon (unless you want to pay horrendous airmail fees) can take up to 3 months to arrive! They use a system that's even lower priority than Sea Mail - basically the J-Bag waits on the dock until there's 'spare' space in containers.

From some resellers, I've had my books/decks/DVDs etc arrive in Australia within a week - they despatch from whatever international warehouse has stock, eg I recently got a book on video compositing, in English, sent from Germany after ordering on Amazon US.

Good to check the rating though - many of the biggies have over 95%. If I could rate Amazon I'd be giving a lower rate than that for overseas transactions! Hasn't user-rating made a huge difference to us as consumers, I love it :)