2010 Top Ten Decks

Annabelle

What I find personally interesting is that this is the very first time that I find myself utterly stumped.

I have no earthly idea what to vote for, in either category.

Usually, I'm chomping at the bit, waiting impatiently for the annual poll to start up, so that I can vote. Usually I know well in advance what I'm going to vote for.

This time, I'm drawing a blank. I know what deck I use all the time, but would I call it my favorite of all time? Not necessarily.

I bought a variety of newly released decks last year, but I can't remember any of their names right now.

Go figure.

cardlady22

Do we have a thread where the "list" is being gathered?
I am so confoozled today that I can't think of any! :bugeyed:

Let's see:
Dark Angels, Celtic Fairies, Shadowscapes, Bohemian Gothic (2nd), Rabbit (2nd)

Sun and Moon, TaRat, Anna K (2nd), Elemental (LS)

Quantum 2.0, Crystal (Permut/Garner)

Science, Pagan Cats (LS)

WolfyJames

I voted for the Tarot of Vampyres for 2010 but I'm waiting a bit before voting for the deck of all time, that one requires some thinking.

Debra

Do 2nd editions count as new decks?

I don't think they should count.

Shade

Very excited to vote for the Shadowscapes, a deck I love to read with.

Now it's no fun if there aren't any conspiracy theories or controversy! Second editions make a dramatic twist in it and I expect some spirited back and forth on the topic!

Grizabella

Anna K, and surprisingly, the Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels are mine.

I usually have trouble knowing which ones are published in any particular year because I don't buy decks very much. I'm also not a collector so I never keep track of what's new.

I don't think the Anna K is considered totally new, maybe. Is it?

shadowdancer

the issue of 2nd edition releases is one I do feel should be considered and rulings made about. I had this query with the Legacy of Divine. If the card images are the same, but it is just a case of size difference (maybe a couple of cards slightly amended) should it be classed as a different deck in its entirity, and thus eligible - or not?

A hot potato possibly ?

Good luck to all creators of decks from 2010 - am looking forward to seeing credit given for those which have touched a few hearts during that year :)

Davina

Debra

Shade said:
Now it's no fun if there aren't any conspiracy theories or controversy! Second editions make a dramatic twist in it and I expect some spirited back and forth on the topic!

Right-o. Conspiracy theories. Right up my alley.

<glances furtively from side to side for lurking moderators>

:p

zan_chan

Debra said:
Do 2nd editions count as new decks?

I don't think they should count.

Well, at the Tony Awards they have categories for Best Musical and Best Revival of a Musical. Two totally separate entities. No matter how great a revival is, its still something that's been done before. To me it would be a total bore to have a 2nd edition as deck of the year.