Out over you
It's true.
You think you're smart
But have a heart!
It's for AT I do it
And when the IJJ has won
I'll strut and crow "I knew it!"

(eta: My worst poem ever. :laugh: )

Not sure.... :confused: I have seen others... ;)

nisaba

psst - I think her grandfather was half-Vogon.

Grigori

The top 10 decks of all time seems about right. Just one or two major anomalies ;)

Grigori

Hmm I got inspired to do some playing with the scores for the full 12 years. Interesting to see the results over time. They are ranked in order of most years and then secondarily ranked by their average place in the top 10 over the years. Some decks had clear patterns over the time they appeared, so I've put comments next to them to indicate the trend. No comment means they've been reasonably stable, or for the bottom end of the list means they were trendy for some/few/one years and have since dropped off completely and don't appear anymore. Some decks near the middle of the pack I initially thought were disadvantaged as they weren't released at the start of the polling so couldn't rank evenly with older decks which have been around the full 12 years, but turns out most of these are getting less popular each year, with the exception of the Deviant Moon which currently seems most likely to become a new all-time-best to rival the classics and the Tarot of Dreams which is getting more popular each year both having appeared for the last 3 years)

Thoth (2.25 over 12 years)
Rider Waite (4.25 over 12 years)
Robin Wood (4.18 over 11 years, sinking steadily and now barely hanging on)
Druidcraft (3.28 over 7 years)
Gilded (5.28 over 7 years, slowly sinking)
Sacred Circle (5.5 over 6 years, sinking rapidly)
Osho Zen (4.2 over 5 years)
Golden Tarot (6 over 5 years, slowly sinking)
Prague (6.8 over 5 years, slowly sinking)
Fey (7.4 over 5 years, slowly sinking)
Victorian Romantic (8.5 over 4 years)
Deviant Moon (2.33 over 3 years, dramatically rising and staying high)
Legend Arthurian (5 over 3 years)
Tarot of Dreams (5.3 over 3 years, steadily rising)
Haindl (6.66 over 3 years)
Goddess (7 over 3 years)
Legacy of the Divine (5.5 over 2 years)
Bohemian Gothic (7.5 over 2 years)
Dragon (8.5 over 2 years)
Victoria Regina (3, over 1 year)
1JJ (4)
Touchstone (5)
Vampire Tarot (7)
Baroque Bohemian Cats (7)
Morgan Greer (8)
Celtic Dragon (8)
World Spirit (8.25)
Universal Waite (9)
Hanson Roberts (9)
Quest (9)
Mythic (10)
Cosmic Tribe (10)
Spiral (10)
Sakki Sakki (10)

Victoria Regina is the highest ranked deck that appeared only one year and then vanished. 1JJ has done suprising well to suddenly appear on the list after being on the market for so long, and to suddenly appear ranked so highly. It dramatically overtook crowd favorites like the Mythic, Hanson Roberts, Universal Waite, Morgan Greer, even the BBCats.

Debra

Victory! Victory! Victory!

Today: 1JJ Swiss on the Top Ten!!!
Tomorrow: Noblet! Grimaud! Vieville!

*Debra does the happy dance*
(Did ya think "no more poems?" Hah! Not a chance!)

gregory

Oh.

Look, I know I have a poet for an SO, but I may have to avoid voting for a would-be VOGON poet's choice another time....

Le Fanu

Grigori said:
Victoria Regina is the highest ranked deck that appeared only one year and then vanished. 1JJ has done suprising well to suddenly appear on the list after being on the market for so long, and to suddenly appear ranked so highly. It dramatically overtook crowd favorites like the Mythic, Hanson Roberts, Universal Waite, Morgan Greer, even the BBCats.
That's a fascinating list you drew up. Interesting too about the Victoria Regina being such a"flash in the pan" (I always expected the Osho Zen to be more of a flash in the pan, who on earth is using it?) As for the 1JJ Swiss it shows - apart from Debra's excellent campaign - that deep down, people do have a fondness for it and recognise it as being rather significant in their tarot history, the deck which sparked a lifelong love perhaps. It is the deck which really deserves a "for services to tarot" award.

Moonbow

Nice to see the 1JJ being recognised, its mentioned on the forums but not that often considering its apparent popularity, but it does have a soft spot in many people's tarot background. Would be interesting to know how many people don't have this deck, its easily available on ebay, cheap and has staying power by the looks of it. I'm a bit surprised but also delighted.

How about a vote on the scariest avatar..... LE FANU! :)

Medvsa

Debra said:
Today: 1JJ Swiss on the Top Ten!!!
Tomorrow: Noblet! Grimaud! Vieville!

*Debra does the happy dance*
(Did ya think "no more poems?" Hah! Not a chance!)

From your lips to God's ears ;) As a big-time TdM person, I love that the 1JJ ended up so high. I might have to actually buy one at some point (not owning it is a Great Sin, I'm thinking).