11 years of Aeclectic

raeanne

Hi Everyone,
I have not posted as much as most of you but I have been around for a long, long, time. I remember when the number of forums was rather small. The design at the time I joined had a few tarot related forums listed at the top and then there was a line across the screen and a few non-tarot related forums "below the line". I laughed when someone made the statement that they never when below the line! Mostly, I remember the kindness of everyone who posts on these forums! Even the heated discussions are friendly!

Emily

I don't tend to post much now, I'm more of a lurker. I like how AT has grown over the years, from a really small forum into what it is today. I remember coming here with just the one deck, the original Rider Waite - it didn't take me long to start buying more decks.
In the early days the site would go down, then it would be a case of keep trying every couple of hours until it was back up and then there was the big crash when everyone had to rejoin.

I still feel lucky to have found AT from Joan Bunnings site. :)

Cassandra022

I joined this site years ago on the forums, then forgot about for years and years though i still browsed deck section from time to time...

so really, no particular lasting memories, but really...i don't think my interest in/knowledge of tarot would be nearly as deep or sustained without this site...its awesome...

i would also have spent a lot less/had far fewer tarot decks without AT :p

Alta

Although I had owned a tarot deck for a few decades and had practised, I would have to say that finding ATF was what finally got me well and truly interested in tarot. As raeanne mentioned, the forums were really tiny, I think I joined a couple of years after they started but they still had relatively little traffic, probably 20 posts or less a day. I loved it though! It meant a lot to me and really changed my tarot reading right around. Gave me confidence in reading, too.

As a couple here have commented, it was also directly responsible for my buying more decks than any person could reasonably use in several lifetimes. I used to co-moderate Decks with Demonesse and as that corresponded with the period of my worst excesses, I decided that forum was strictly off limits for me!!! :laugh: Not that I still don't read it.

I have learned so much from so many here that I wouldn't dare to list them for fear of inadvertently forgetting anyone. MeeWah literally nagging me into reading in public was a big turning point for me though. Even though she commented, when I said that I was about as psychic as a geranium, that I was being disrespectful to geraniums. :joke:

Alta

Dusk Till Dawn

I remember when I first had a look at this site, I couldn´t believe how many wonderful Decks, and discussions were going on, and I finally found a place where I could be around likeminded people. And I could come here and share my stories here, which I can hardly do in the real world, and met so many wonderful and kind people, that understood and supported me like no other.

Ashtaroot

Through AT my life has changed drastically in everyway ...and I have met the most amazing people and close friends:heart:
I am forever grateful :heart:

greatdane

What a Great Idea, Le Fanu!

It's been just a little over a year since I discovered both tarot and AT. It was an unusual progression the way it happened. I was never interested in tarot, didn't know much about, never thought of pursuing, then a friend was discussing Jung and alchemy, because I majored in psych, and knew about Jung, I thought interesting to check out that combo. Then I was reading something about Jung and tarot. I think I made a cursory check online re tarot and found AT and ta duh....now it is hard to imagine being without it or tarot!

Since I didn't know much at all about tarot (not saying I do now, but certainly a lot more, thanks to AT!), this site was a wonderful find. It allowed me to read lots of different opinions, ask questions, check out different decks and then decide what my own opinions were after learning more, but I feel I CONSTANTLY learn here.

So at sixty, this Crone now feels very at home in what has become kind of a sangha for me! I've met such lovely TarotFolk here.

THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE who has shared their opinions, thoughts, and experiences!

GreatDane

Wendywu

This has been and is a home for me. My home on the net, where I have such wonderful friends, and such fun. Here I am made to think about all sorts of things and I have met people from all around the world. I have such a strong sense of community here, and there is such genuine kindness to be found among our members.

I too love the mix of fun and seriousness. I love having people who understand me, and enjoy the things I enjoy. I like being involved in the daily lives of my friends as we share our joys and sorrows. I appreciate the concern and care I receive, and the fact I have friends to care for when they need me.

My highlights are the various reading exchanges and the Train :heart:, but really - this whole site is a joy to me. My life would have been far poorer without AT, and I am conscious every day of what I get, and how little I am able to give back.

RexMalaki

I have to thank ATF and community for So much!

I discovered the Alchemical Tarot Renewed here...historical decks (Ancient Italian is still my main)...and The Process by Umbrae...

I look forward to continued participation in this loving, world community.

Happy Birthday AT!

Nina*

This is my favorite place (okay... I do like Greece a LOT too).

I've also been here from the beginning although I spent the first years only lurking and I've learned so much...
I've also met some of my best friends here and some of them are now friends IRL.

Happy birthday, AT and congratulations to Solandia :heart: