1 sitter - 2 readers - can you pose same question?!

DownwardSpiral

And in the "Your Readings" section, it is requested to have multiple sources of feedback. In the "Reading Exchange" it isn't. In this specific case, the OP was discussing something that happened in the Reading Exchange, not Your Readings. :)

My point was......why should someone new feel discouraged if someone more seasoned gave a differet point of view....when......2 seasoned readers more than likely would also give different points of view.

Re: multiple sources of feedback.....that doesn't mean everyone is expected to interprete the reading differently...yet many times seasoned readers ALL come up with something different. Why would the reading exchange be any different?

To seeker.......maybe you could do your own reading (away from the forum) and then ask the same question whether it's an exchange or for feedback. That way you could compare the readings and no one would be the wiser for it.

Yora

I have no issue with it myself, (and i have asked readings with similair questions too, allot huhuh especially about the subject love ^_^) we all read in our own ways and you get different viewpoints to a situation that can all have pieces to a puzzle. :) This is a personal thing to every reader, if you don't feel good about people asking the same question somewhere else then you can examine it and be clear from the beginning, it safes allot of energy and frustration.

i think that as a reader it could be a good idea to post in his/her thread clearly the do's and dont's. Then you can say sorry but nuoo.. (^o^) and refer to your personal rules. We learn here from eachother, but it's very important for both sides to be clear about the boundaries. :p And to safe energy you can prepair a template that you can simply copy paste into your reading thread.

seeker7

All other issues aside, the ideal situation would be for you to offer 3 or 8 or 10 readings, for a reading in exchange, all on the same thread. And then ask everyone signed up to read on the identical question.
Then they can offer honest feedback for your readings, and you can satisfy your curiosity about how the different readers and decks respond. Don't compare readers though, we all come from different viewpoints.

But to compare readings for the same question on two different threads in feedback? :)
I'd lunge through the monitor and pinch your head :)

Haha!! Good tips.. noted! and I do like your idea of offering readings in exchange for reading on the same question!!! I will adopt that when I get on to giving out readings!

Thank you! :)

seeker7

I've read through this thread and I get the feeling most people are missing the point above, that it was for FUN just to see what came out.

I think a few responses here have been as a result of previous sitters they have had... I am not taking any personally.. even if some have diverted the topic, and I am very glad you got the point of it!

I have asked the same one once to two reader and it was timing related which I did purely on a curiosity basis, as timing is something that fascinates me (as well as many others I believe) when it comes to tarot...and then this particular time that lead me to start this thread!

I was not desperate after any answers, let's just make that clear!!! :p

seeker7

To answer the original question....once in a while...for fun...I don't see anything wrong with it. But NOT as a habit....asking EVERY question at least twice....then I would say NO.

Yes, this makes a lot more sense to me now, and do agree with this!

seeker7

I've only read some of the thread, not all, but wanted to contribute while I still have the time online.

I don't see anything wrong with asking the same question of two readers. After all, in my opinion, part of learning is seeing how you compare with others' methods and work. It wouldn't bother me one bit. I've been at it for quite awhile but I never stop learning, so I'm always interested in observing as well as doing.

Thank you Grizabella! You set a good example for us newbies! :)

seeker7

Then that person has the option of reading for you or not & won't be surprised or offended & think 'what, I'm not good enough?' when they see you posing the same thing to someone else. Why would you do that anyway, by the way? Testing your own interpretations? Just curious.

I would never ask the same question to two different readers because I thought the first one is not good enough.... again, as mentioned before, I still hadn't received my reading from reader A when I asked reader B the same question. I was not after testing readers on an individual basis, I was more after observing how two different readers produce a reading that could have turned out the same or could have turned out different.

It was pure curiosity that was sparked by a boring night in!!!

DownwardSpiral

It was pure curiosity that was sparked by a boring night in!!!

Ya know the saying "curiosity killed the cat"? LOL

Seriously though I'm glad you asked this question because I'd never thought of anyone asking the same question simply to see what different aspects might come out of it.

One of the reasons I like to read the "your readings" is to see the different intepretations of the cards and the reading itself. It helps me to understand the cards better. You could always do your own reading....post it in "your readings" and still have fun seeing what everyone else comes up with : )

gypsylady

Just to point out, seeing as you were kind of passive aggressive in thanking Grizabella and stating that she sets a good example for newbies when you were just asking for honest opinions from all of us on this thread.

I am still a newbie and I don't think it's okay to use up other people's spots for your own curiosity. I get that you were waiting for the first reader to come through with your reading, but why not just be patient? If you were in that much of a hurry to get a response, then just remove your question and give up your spot, then pose it to someone else. You are using someone else's spot that they could have needed just to get a quick answer to your question. It really doesn't seem right for you to take up two spots just to see how different readers would answer it.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to start reading for others on the forum in order to get a better understanding of how it feels. I believe the moderators are starting to look at who is asking for readings but not reciprocating them. Or maybe as someone else said, do your own reading at home, then pose the question to a reader on here.

Grizabella

gypsylady, I don't understand what was passive aggressive about her thanking me and saying I set a good example. I didn't see it that way at all. I just thought she was acknowledging that I didn't have a problem with it when so many others seem to.

I haven't seen any shortage of readers offering readings in that particular forum so if she takes a spot then she's entitled to it and entitled to ask any question she pleases, for any reason she pleases just like anyone else is. If the person offering the readings has a problem with it, they'll say so. If they don't and they choose to read for her, then what's the problem with those who are looking on? It's not as though there are only a limited number of readings ever given in that forum and she's squeezing someone else out of extremely limited and vitally dear spots. Usually readers will specify who and how often they'll give readings to so that seeker7, who seems polite and reasonable as far as I can see, would bypass any reader where she wouldn't be welcome. I also don't see why it should bother other readers how many times she chooses to ask the same question. I'm not one of those who makes judgments about that and I'm sure there are other readers who aren't either.

AJ had a good idea, I thought. She suggested that seeker7 start her own thread, ask a question, and then request that several readers read on it to compare the readings. That sounds like an excellent idea to me. I think as long as she offers feedback to each reader on their readings, that should cover the requirements of the Exchange forum and not violate any rules. Just to be sure, she should run it by one of the moderators first, though, I think. It's something I haven't seen done before, but sounds very interesting to me.

In my opinion, while any reader has the right to make judgments about sitters and then choose to refuse readings to people who ask the same question of multiple readers, I personally don't do that. If a sitter of mine wants to trot around asking that same question of a hundred readers, I certainly don't care. I also don't care even if they come to me with the same question again. I'm not God. I can't read their minds and see "I'm just looking for the answer I want to hear, so I'll go to another reader with this question, and another and another, till I hear what I want to hear." I might make that assumption but again, I'm not God to know for sure. It's quite frankly none of my blinkin' business why they choose to do that. It's just my business to look at the cards, read what the cards say honestly, compassionately and diplomatically, and send them on their way.

It never seems to occur to people that perhaps that person isn't so much seeking an answer to a question till they hear what they want to hear. Maybe they just don't know of any other question to ask and they really came just to have another human being listen to them and pay attention to them. We can't really know.

Anyway, seeker7 has stated she was just wondering about how readings would differ if she asked the same question of more than one reader and I believe that. I think it's quite reasonable and interesting to do that if she wants to.