Anna K Tarot - 5 Favorite Majors

greatdane

TOP FIVE of the MAJORS

Glad you have your order in, JC!! WHOO HOO!

In the meantime, while we're all waiting, I thought we could discuss the cards individually. It would help us get to really know the images better, so when we DO get our beloved decks......

Which are your top five of the Majors in Anna's deck and WHY? Don't worry, we'll do minors after the majors, we have plenty of time! :))

olivia1

greatdane said:
Glad you have your order in, JC!! WHOO HOO!

Which are your top five of the Majors in Anna's deck and WHY? Don't worry, we'll do minors after the majors, we have plenty of time! :))

i like the star best because it is such an expressive card and I get so much from it just looking at it. I bet I could write an essay on that card alone. im not fond of the world card. which means, it will probably be the card that I learn the most from. Hopefully...

greatdane

Interesting, Olivia!

Hi Olivia, may I ask what it is you don't like about the World card? That's actually one of my favorites in her deck. I totally respect it's not your favorite, just wondering what it is about it you don't like.

Blessings on your weekend!

GD

Glitterbird

Ooo. Ooo. my turn!!

Death - I didn't like the death card at first but I've changed my mind, He's saying (to me) have no fear. Like the song "Don't fear the Reaper" Peaceful

Wheel of Fortune - Wow is that life, your on top of everything, you fall off, and then you climb back on.

The Tower - is the best I've seen. I've been in a flood and had fallen electric
sending sparks everywhere waiting for the house to catch on fire. (Good times:D ) Your life seems like everything is over.

Star - The change is dramatic and I love it. I feel the hope flowing in the from the rocks.

And wow the minors I could go on and on!! (Do I sound excited?!)

greatdane

Hi Glitter!

The Death card in the Anna K is actually my favorite Death card in any deck I've seen! I feel it is about the death of something that will be the beginning of something new and important.

Her World card is my favorite World card as well. It's so in balance and harmony and just seems to say, this is how things are supposed to end (maybe before it starts all over?). It just makes me feel peaceful looking at it.

The Hermit so sums up what the Hermit should be about, at least for me. Contemplation, listening to your own soul, realizing what's important, wisdom.

I can feel the crispness of the Star and the feeling all will be well.

It's so difficult to pick just one more even out of the Majors! But I guess it would have to be the Sun, because it's like I can FEEL the warmth and joy of that card.

mimiraj

Well, I think I am here.. Yikes had to log in and it would not take my password so after plenty of messing around finally made the trip.. :(
My favorites at this time just by looking at the pictures is the Death card and the Hermit. I will love it when I am actually able to hold the cards in my hands and look at them. I read intuitively so body language, facial expressions on humans and animals (perhaps I should say all non-human species) speak very loudly to me. This will be my first experience with the Anna K Tarot and am very excited about it! :) I will admit I did not go the air mail route so mine may take a tad bit longer to get to me.
mimiraj

greatdane

Hi Mimi!

Oh, that is my favorite death card! Isn't it brilliant? The hermit is wonderful as well. I love all the cards.

Do you see or read this death card differently than other death cards? Does it seem more or less threatening than most? I've seen some death cards that I reallllly didn't like. OK, I KNOW it's the death card, but some of them look just scary and that's not how I really see a death card or death.

Have you read Anna's thoughts re each of the cards? Do you basically agree with them or do you have a really different take?

Blessings, Mimi, and I can't wait to read more about your thoughts re the deck.

GD

Glitterbird

I do see this Death different than others
This death card is exactly what I feel IS death after trauma, a soft, peaceful, gentle transition with someone to guide you.

greatdane said:
Do you see or read this death card differently than other death cards? Does it seem more or less threatening than most? I've seen some death cards that I reallllly didn't like. OK, I KNOW it's the death card, but some of them look just scary and that's not how I really see a death card or death.

GD

greatdane

That's lovely, Glitterbird!

So many of the death cards are skeletons that make death seem just really like an end, not a transition. This death card makes death feel like the next part of a journey.

scorpioleah

I have so many faves, although it was a minor that caught my attention, out of the majors i like:

The High Priestess
Judgement

But my fave is
The lovers.
I like how it is an older couple. Most tarot have young couples who are most likely in lust rather than love. An older couple to me symbolizes love over a long period of time, learning to give and take etc