Minute Deck Study Two~the High Priestess

Chronata

This is another card that I never realized how much I liked before I really sat down and took a long studied look at it.

The curly vines in the border remind me of an ornate iron gate (and also looks like a precursor to the thorny borders of the All hallows)

So within the open gate, she sits waiting. I like that she is all purples too. Since this deck was made there have been even more Sharpie purples, and it might have been fun to have used them all!
She is definitely decorative and ornamental, and she has a sweet serene expression.
I do wonder if she ever gets cross-eyed with that dangling jewel so down on her nose though. I know, because I have worn a headpiece like that and after a while it made me crazy.

I like that there are all the moon phases around her, since she is tied in with feminine mysteries and the very feminine and psychic moon.

And the phases make me also think of mood swings...she is one changeable lady! able to go from divine mother figure to goddess to bitch, to femme fatale and back to virgin maid in a blink of an eye.

And she has a raven's wing. I think this must be a holdover from very early High priestess art that I did when I was a kid. Wings give her the ability to fly above the mundane to a higher place or a higher consciousness.
and I know that they are raven because Raven is about both divine law and magic. And maybe a hint of the trickster as well as a creator.

The Minute meaning is PREDICT
a prediction is like an educated guess based on all known factors in a situation. I like to think that most of the fortune telling and seeing the future is really juts educated guesses based on what the card shave told me about the present.

But there is also a bit of visualization in this command. If you can predict it...visualize it, and see it it clearly in your mind, you can create or manifest it!(which connects her to the manifestation of the Magician previous and the creation of the Empress after her!)