One Deck Wonder

Satori

Ok.
Marion suggested that as we explore the possiblities of the group we would post in the appropriate forum. So this needs to go into the rex.

I'm going out on a limb here, and saying that I need to work with people using the interntional icon tarot as my partners, consistently.
I know I sound a bit uptight, but, I really want to stay iwth the imagery of the deck I chose. I can't get distracted by the other decks....even tho I applaud everyone who is here doing the exercise.

The one thing I'm gonna do is use the free form nature of the Icon to really explore intuitively.

I'm not really gonna try to check things out with the Universal or rws because i think what is important, for me, is to just tap into the deck and see what stuff comes up as.

Like with the King of pentacles, and his lovely foot. This was a perfect example of getting distracted by the other decks. I've been off thinking about that, and in a reading his foot might be key...and the "stool" might be something totally other than the creature....you know? And it was me who suggested we get kissa and her rws to see what the brick was originally!!! And now after thinking about it, I really don't care what it was originally. Because in the deck I chose, it is a green brick....

So I want the freedom of seeing the green brick and thinking...ah, he is holding his weight on that one issue....whatever it may be. On that issue, he won't budge...or whatever comes up at the time.

I know there is a way to work this out and all of us still support each other...am I being anal???????????:bugeyed:

Little Baron

I am not sure if I have got all of this right because I am not completely sure how it works. But .. it seems, in most cases, that there are more than one person working singly with a certain deck. For example, Fluffy and I are both working with the same. Would it make sense to have a thread such as -

'Buddha Tarot Wonder Readings'

or

'International Icon Wonder Readings'

so that we can add to them as we go along and discuss them amongst ourselves. Of course others can join or contribute but the decks will not cross over. I think that might work for me. What do others think.

LB

PlatinumDove

No, you're not being anal! :p What a silly idea. Maybe we can write up a list of who is doing what decks, a list of their scenic and non scenic deck.

Little Baron

Just to add, I am only doing the one deck. Is that ok?

LB

bleuivy

I think one card reading exchanges sound really good. I can understand that some people might only want to work with people who are using the same deck, so it doesn't sound anal at all! :)

I do think it might get confusing if we have readings with different decks in different threads. The idea of this group is to restrict ourselves to two decks (the scenic pip deck and the non-scenic pip deck), and to share what we learn about that experience. I think if we start separating ourselves into subgroups and subthreads, it'll feel too much like an "International Icon" study group, and a "Buddha Tarot" study group, rather than a study group aimed at the process. I don't think I'm making much sense here.

I will be using a recoloured RWS (the Radiant) for the beginning part of this excercise, but will be switching to the II at some point along the way. I'm happy to work with and do readings for people using any deck, though. I want to focus more on what I learn about the process of reading from only one deck, rather than the deck itself. And now I really don't think I'm making much sense.

PS - I'll be using the Camoin Marseilles as my unillustrated pip deck, though when I switch to the II, I may switch to the Hadar.

bleuivy

LittleBuddha said:

I think that's fine, LB. I'll be using the Radiant and the Camoin, but I haven't had much luck with Marseilles-style decks in the past, so I might end up using the Radiant for readings and the Camoin for meditation or something. So, for all intents and purposes, I might end up using only one deck for readings anyway. I think whatever feels right to you is what you should do. :)

PlatinumDove

I haven't had much success with nonscenic pips either, so I'm definitely forcing myself to do this, especially with my Visconti Sforza, so that I will at least get a feel for it.

Sulis

LittleBuddha said:

LB
I'm only going to be using one deck to LB - so far I can't get on with Marseilles style decks so it's just the II for me.

I haven't actually got my deck yet - if by some strange chance I find that I just can't stand it when it arrives, I'll use the RWS because I love that deck but since I've wanted the II since it was first published, I can't see that happening.

I've packed up all of my decks apart from my RWS for the moment - that's going too when the II gets here.

Love

Sulis xx

Jewel-ry

Right lets just see who is reading and with what.

elf ~ International Icon and LS classic

kissa ~ Mary Hanson-Roberts' Universal Waite/International Icon and Kris Hadar's Véritable Tarot de Marseille

Fluffy ~ Buddha

Jewel-ry ~ International Icon and the Fournier Marseilles deck

bleuivy ~ RRW and Camoin

Emily ~ Tarot of the Old Path

PlatinumDove ~ Thoth and Visconti Sforza

similia ~ International Icon

LittleBuddha ~ Buddha

Sulis ~ International Icon

Ok so it will be difficult to just work with someone with the same deck as there are a few people who could end up just chatting to themselves :p

Having said that, I actually agree with elf here. I really am only trying to focus on just one deck at the moment hence any discussion of the other decks is really not important to me right now.

We should be able to read for each other (or indeed anyone on the forum) with our respective decks, its just the discussion that will prove a problem. blueivy has a valid point when she mentions the importance of remembering this is about 'the process' and not just individual study groups...mmm...I need to give this more thought.

~

Jewel-ry

Sulis said:
I haven't actually got my deck yet -

Mine was posted on Tuesday and arrived here on Friday Sulis, so hopefully it'll be here soon. Really glad you are joining us :)