One Deck Wonder

fluffy

Jewel-ry,

It must be so tempting to have a new deck to play with (the fairytale), I would just pretend that I hadn't got it yet, count the cards and then put them away otherwise you might be tempted to do a new deck reading or something with it :)

I haven't really felt an urge to use another deck other than yesterday when i laid out the Buddha for a reading and just didn't get it I thought if I pull out my fey they will give me the answer. I quickly gathered up my cards, shuffled them & prepared to get the fey out. I stopped myself anf thought that is the whole point of this exercise - seeing things from a new perspective. Soooo to cut a long story short, I reshuffled the buddha laid them out and did the reading. I am glad I did as well, it provided some lovely insight into a situation I was thinking of.

I meant to ask after elfs post I was wondering are we not supposed to be looking at any books now? does this include the lwb? I am just learnng the buddha tarot at the moment and am using the lwb to get an idea of the differnet mudras etc.

Love Fluffy

lark

Sulis said:
I'm so tempted to the II deck - not sure if I want to pack up all my other decks though although maybe I could be convinced to just use my RWS :)

Thanks for the info on the lamination of the II - could someone tell me what the backs of the cards are like. Thanks Sulis xx
)O( just like this.
The back ground is a nice medium blue.
The O is light yellow.
And the ) and ( are white.
And very reversable.

Sulis

Thanks Lark,

They sound lovely. I think I want this deck now - have to save up some pennies :)

Love

Sulis xx

Jewel-ry

I was trying to scan it for you Sulis but I just havn't got the hang of the scanner thing. My images are always too big.

fluffy,

I think the idea is that we go with our gut feeling and read the cards with no help...books or otherwise. That said I still read the posts on AT so its not about abandoning life as you know it. I don't want to do that as I learn something from all the posts that I read.

My aim to get to know the deck really well, inside out, if you like. I want to be able to picture the images of the cards in my head right down to the finest detail (I can't do that with many decks, if any!).

I think its only by knowing the deck well that we can truly read the cards fluently and I expect the deck to give up its many layers with time and commitment.

...my hopes and aspirations...we'll see :)

PlatinumDove

Its going to be interesting when I try to take the BNU course without an RWS clone.

Satori

I seem to remember an exercise that firemaiden may have run or at least spoke about where you picked one card and took it apart, and you told a story about the card. The idea was to see how far you could go with the story, how long you could keep the story going and still be with the same card.

Does this sound familiar?
Does anyone want to use one of your two chosen decks and do this exercise with me??

PlatinumDove

Oh elf, that sounds like fun...can you find the exercise?

Satori

I'll work on it...will contact the fiery lady!

PlatinumDove

Yay! :) This will be a very fun project...anyone else interested in the exercise?

Grigori

I just stumbled across this thread, hopes it not too late to poke my head in. I come bearing gifts to bribe my way through the door :D I have attached the back, although it looks a little pale in this scan.

Attachments

• II Back.bmp
    220.4 KB · Views: 149