10 of swords and 9 of swords as advice

Thoughtful

You said you pulled the 10 and 9 swords for advice.

10 swords shows that a mental barrier has been erected between you and your friend, and that tells me they do not want communication, You are being told to fly above this difficult time and distance yourself from the pain.

9 swords clarifies this, as the longer you fret over this situation the more it will bring you down.

IndigoWaves

The moment when cards kill all your hopes :(
Try not see them that way; think of them as potentially useful tools and "truth-tellers", instead. Besides, would you really want to spend years trying to get back with someone who only avoids and blocks you? What could you have to gain from it, other than continued pain and loss of confidence? Sorry, but that's not "hope", that's illusion.

It never feels great when it happens, but the Tarot can often help us to spot and even climb out of harmful (self)deceptions that might otherwise stay hidden. Take care. :)

Butterfly1

Although I'm inclined to think that 10S and 9S are signs for you to accept the end as being something that's about him and out of your control, I wracked my brain for another way to approach this.

What stands out as a common thread with these two cards is anguish. So maybe if you feel you have to do something, you could communicate your anguish to your friend? It may be that it doesn't revive the relationship but it may make you feel better, like you gave it your all?

Thank you for trying! You are right and that is what i am likely to do :)

Do you think that 10s might be advising that you shouldn't do anything (as, for some reason, it might be for the best) rather than you cannot change it?

Farzon

This was exactly my thought first (both for 9 and 10) but then I realized that they more explain how i feel (which would be spot on) than what should i do... But given that swords have to do a lot with communication, i was also thinking it is telling me to try to talk to him... But why the two most depressing cards of all swords?

I do also agree with you with people drifting apart but usually that happens gradually not overnight.. One may not want to admit it, but would definitely be aware of it. In this case it went from on to off literally overnight (he was behaving unusually for 5 days before, but i guess people don't drift away from the ach other in 5 days)
There was a question here a few weeks ago: which card of the deck was the most happy of them all. I loved the answer AnemoneRosie gave: the Nine of Swords. Because this is where the actual nightmare is already over. Open your eyes again, and the terrors of night will be gone for good.

The second abstract might be off topic, my excuse to the mods... but in my experience, drifting apart might feel sudden but as you think of it, you'll realize that there was something building up for a long time. But I don't know if that was the case with your friend...

nisaba

Hi

I got 10s as a relationship advice

Avoid people who cause you pain. Bad love is worse than no love.

and 9s as a clarification.

Avoid people who make you sad. Bad love is worse than no love. The two cards complement each other nicely.

Butterfly1

You said you pulled the 10 and 9 swords for advice.

10 swords shows that a mental barrier has been erected between you and your friend, and that tells me they do not want communication, You are being told to fly above this difficult time and distance yourself from the pain.

9 swords clarifies this, as the longer you fret over this situation the more it will bring you down.

Interesting - i never thought of it as a mental barrier! Very interesting view!

Butterfly1

There was a question here a few weeks ago: which card of the deck was the most happy of them all. I loved the answer AnemoneRosie gave: the Nine of Swords. Because this is where the actual nightmare is already over. Open your eyes again, and the terrors of night will be gone for good.

The second abstract might be off topic, my excuse to the mods... but in my experience, drifting apart might feel sudden but as you think of it, you'll realize that there was something building up for a long time. But I don't know if that was the case with your friend...

Hmmm
9 of swords is followed by 10 of swords - where it all ends badly... Isn't than 9s a worry that keeps you awake in the night with a reason and if you don't change something you will end up as 10s? I am just thinking that the actual nightmare would be over only if it is a past position or followed by a very happy card? I see Death as potentially more positive than 9s (if the change is for better)... the only really positive placement for 9s could be obstacle - as than you are worried for no reason? Or i am wrong?

Butterfly1

Avoid people who cause you pain. Bad love is worse than no love.

Avoid people who make you sad. Bad love is worse than no love. The two cards complement each other nicely.

Hi :)
It is one of the best ideas how on to tranform the card meaning into an advice! Thank you! It actually gave me some ideas how to interpret some other cards in odd positions

Farzon

Hmmm
9 of swords is followed by 10 of swords - where it all ends badly... Isn't than 9s a worry that keeps you awake in the night with a reason and if you don't change something you will end up as 10s? I am just thinking that the actual nightmare would be over only if it is a past position or followed by a very happy card? I see Death as potentially more positive than 9s (if the change is for better)... the only really positive placement for 9s could be obstacle - as than you are worried for no reason? Or i am wrong?
In the logical sequence of the cards you're right I would say. But most of our readings are more like a snapshot, right? So in theory the Ten is the logical sequence of the Nine but in real life this would not hold true. If it were like this, we would have to go through cycles of the cards all the time I think...

Debra

You pulled one card, 10 of swords. That is the message.
When you asked for clarification, you got the closest possible card, confirming the message. You had already received the clearest best answer card, snd the 9 just reinforces it.

He destroyed the relationship.