Do you pay attention to "jumping cards"?

GGTarot

Funny story actually. For a while I was so worried about what religious practice I belonged to. I was ready to pay a tarot card reader a lot of money to help me get on the right spiritual path. While I was moving things around my tarot card deck burst out of the box they were in and two cards laid face up for me. It was the oddest thing and I quickly tried to intemperate them. One card said to not make hasty investments with money, it would be my downfall. The other advise me to not worry so much and take break for spiritual enlightenment.

Tanga

"Jumping cards"

...BUT IF there were cards left in the box, and I only notice it after the reading is done for me that is not a message for the querent. When that happens I take it as a personal message for me, the reader. I take it as my life wanted to tell me something personally and it took the chance to do so as I was using the cards.

I hadn't thought of that - what an excellent idea, thankyou SunChariot!

I 'tune in' to jumping cards, and go with my 1st 'heard thought in my head' about them.
So sometimes they're just clumsy hands. Sometimes they want to be put down 1st before whatever I was about to deal. Sometimes they are additions to the overall message...etc.etc.

Ladyblackbyrd

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and opinions. Grizabella, you bring up some really interesting points that I liked, such as cards removing themselves when they don't want to be drawn or surfacing when the question remains the same after multiple draws.
Sunchariot, you also had some really interesting ideas about how to approach cards that jump and I think that your approach is an interesting one. I agree that straightforward is the best approach, but this was something that I was thinking about and I've had the idea that it was something that I needed to think about.

PeonyInLove

I know this is a few months old but very interesting thread... I always take notice of the jumper cards as they have always been significant in some way. I've been shuffling the cards and talking to someone about the meaning of a specific card and I kid you not, that card has jumped out in front of us and was like 'hello' lol. Like people mentioned earlier you can tell the difference between being clumsy and a card flying out of your hands and being all like 'look at me, look at me'... A few weeks ago my sister wanted a reading and as soon as she sat down I started shuffling while we were chatting about idle stuff. Well a card popped out I took notice of it and put it back in and started shuffling again, then it decided to jump out again so I said this is obviously a message for you and relayed the meaning of the card. I then put the card back in the pile and started shuffling, gave the cards to my sister to shuffle, cut, spread and choose her 5 cards and what do you know, she chose the same card as her outcome card. After the reading I like to shuffle the cards and we started talking about idle crap again and, bam, that little sucker of a card made itself known again! It stalked her the whole entire time. It was the page of wands card. Which is funny because she even looked like the girl in the picture. No coincidence at all.

Padma

Yes, they are important. When they jump, it is like "pay freaking attention!!" No mystery that they then show up in the actual reading.

LupaGreenwolf

If my intuition says there's something to it I pick them up. Otherwise they go right back into the deck.

greatdane

not unless the same one keeps jumping out

And that's never happened, so no.

Yarrow

I want to ignore jumpers, but sometimes I am compelled to pay attention. Almost a voyeurism...

Yarrow