How Do You Shuffle Your Decks? Poll

How do you shuffle your decks?

• Total voters

Eremita90

Wow, a lot more people than I had expected riffle shuffle o_O Tips?

AJ

I spent my 20's playing Russian Rummy. Four decks. Tarot decks seemed small when I got around to shuffling one :) so I riffle my brains out.

Laura Borealis

Riffle, but I don't bridge. I cannot figure out overhand. It feels so awkward to me.

Miss Woo

Overhand until it feels right, then cut the cards into three piles three times.

Sometimes I will time the shuffle for five minutes, like when I have just re-ordered the deck, to make sure it gets a good shuffle.

MysticMoonlight

Overhand here with a riffle or three if it feels right.

Placebo Scotsman

Depends on the deck and I thought that was common sense

LOS and Fournier were meant for riffling

My repros and facsimiles which are usually self printed get the overhand

Twize

Used to riffle my cards when were new to tarot but discovered after some time they didn't showed up as good on the table. It turned me off to see my non flat cards all the time. To see the package get twisted wasn't nice either so started to find another way in how to do it, youtube helped me. Today i'm using overhand and feeling quite satisfied with it. They staying flat and it doesn't wear as much on the cards.

Prefer over the longest side where the cards meets in the shuffle and just let them drop a few in the time. Pretty much like the "flap..flap..flap" when using the shortest side.

Ha :) thought that was to rifle as it almost looks like loading a gun when moving it all in and out. . . .

VGimlet

Riffle like a dealer, baby. :p

I learned how to riffle shuffle on my old Aquarian deck, so unless the cards are really huge, I do them that way.
I have small hands too.

Although with my gamers thumb I can't do them if they are heavily laminated without pain - so I don't do laminated decks that way either, which I find irritating.

RunningWild

I voted yesterday but had things to do and no time to offer any comment to it. I tend to riffle and bridge. Yes, that's right, in the end, my decks will have that often used and well-loved look.

Growing up my parents would get together with friends to play cards. I wasn't interested in the game they were playing but I loved watching them shuffle the deck and so I taught myself to do it.

Passarelli

Overhand with a kick cut.