I've Been Tricked, has this happened to you?

Teheuti

I would tell them geez sorry you wasted your question - if you're not truthful, the cards aren't going to answer truthfully either. Thanks for playing.
Fabulous response!

Jdance: Personally I wouldn't look at it as your being deceived. According to the latest research in several fields, human beings lie to themselves and each other all the time often without having any idea they are doing so. The ethical approach is to stay, as much as you can, in your own integrity. What someone else does is their issue - not yours. As Seven Stars said, this querent just wasted their question as they'll never be sure if your answer pertained to 'Angela' or 'Trudy.'

tarotbear

I would tell them geez sorry you wasted your question - if you're not truthful, the cards aren't going to answer truthfully either. Thanks for playing.

And don't forget to add - "And you still owe me my Reader's fee!" :thumbsup:

I have avoided this thread until now because in my (radically disturbed) mind you were not 'tricked' - which implies you were manipulated into something you didn't want to do. After reading other posts I have to agree that you were deceived - but face it - you were engaged to provide a reading (I HOPE YOU WERE PAID!), a question was asked, and you provided a response based on those cards and the question ... end of story. A question was asked and a response was given ... no trickery involved with that. The fact that the Querent was highly deceptive reflects on them - not you.

Darkmage

^Preach this gospel, brother.

I'm in agreement with everyone here. YOU did nothing wrong. You gave a client a reading. Whether or not she was honest with herself and/or honest with you is beside the point, really. I agree with what others have said--the cards gave her HER answer, not yours, not her husband's or cousin's or anyone else's. If she didn't like the reading, tdb imo.

Don't beat yourself up. There are dishonest people out there. Hell, there are TONS of dishonest people out there. Fixing them and their issues is NOT your responsibility. I tell people all I can do is show them a path. Whether or not they want to walk it is up to them. If they don't like what they see, they can change it. They also will want to entertain the reality that the cards are a tool, I am human and merely using that tool, and therefore I and my cards can be wrong. Not often, but it *does* happen.

If she paid, then she didn't waste your time. She wasted hers, though. That's her problem. If she *didn't* pay, then she wasted your time too, and I'd just chalk it up to experience and make people pay up front next time.

Just keep doing what you do and don't let people like this drag you under.

Jdance

Thanks! You both speak wise words and I value your input, Darkmage and Tarotbear. (along with all the wonderful feedback and support I have received here!) Yes, show them the path. That is what I am tring to do.. show them the opportunities. Open their eyes. Its such a gift to receive a reading as far as I am concerned .. paid or not. It is knowledge and knowledge is power.

She can take my reading and do what ever she needs with it! What she did was wrong. I merely answered a question. I followed my ethics. I can't control her lack there of :)

Simple

Fabulous answer!

Jdance, your answer was good too. I haven't had that happened to me. But I'd say tarot cards reflect seeker's energy. So they gave her her message and her fear, not necessary the truth or information that she needs.
Keep your head high. You did everything right! :)

OaksWhispering

I would feel violated if that happened to me. One thing is evident though, and that is that either way your reading was accurate.

Pity this woman. It is so dreadfully sad that she is caught up in a relationship with a man who is treating her this way. Because let's face it, if she know the name and DOB of this other woman and she is posing as her to get a tarot reading to spy on her significant other, then odds are he has been unfaithful in the past and this is nothing new between her and this man. It's just escalated now to the point where she is deceiving others so she can feel validated.

I am sorry you were tricked. You did nothing wrong though, you just got dragged into someone else's circus act.