Minor cards that define a deck

Leo77

I like the Aces and all the animals. I wish the queens were even slightly happier, though. I hate The Emperor. It's just not a great picture. He looks a bit.... slow, in my opinion.

I'm not Catholic myself, but it's a nice deck.

Babalon Jones

I believe the RWS depiction is that of Adam who, after the expulsion from Eden (Tiphareth) was forced to make a living from the sweat of his brow. Gone was the easy life where everything was given to him so long as his Will was identical to that of God. Both Taurus and Saturn imply form and hard work, and together they're just a sticky mess.

Very interesting, expulsion from Tipareth, and for sure it applies to RWS Christian iconography. Still thinking about how the concept of the chakras image in that other deck apply though, as that deck is supposed to be influenced by Crowley in some way, which I guess I just can't as yet see, though I am trying. But unless the depiction of the chakras shows them as "blocked" (a quick google search view doesn't seem to indicate they are shown that way) I still don't envision Failure there yet, though I suppose the LWB may shed light on it (I don't have the deck to look).

Tanga's "cycles of seven" comment makes me think of the 7 year Saturn cycle, usually times of difficulty, (conjunction is Saturn return, then there are the squares and opposition) so since this card is The Taurus decan ruled by Saturn, that is a cool concept I will ponder in relation to the 7 of Disks.

Tanga

I like the Aces and all the animals. I wish the queens were even slightly happier, though. I hate The Emperor. It's just not a great picture. He looks a bit.... slow, in my opinion.

I'm not Catholic myself, but it's a nice deck.

What's wrong with the animals? I love the animals :-D - oh yes, misread - you love them too.

And ahh, Re: The Emperor
Looks can be deceiving.
I remember at University - a chap who, walked really slowly, talked really slowly, and spent most of his time (it seemed) beefing up in the gym (looked lud-like and beefy too).
Then I discovered he was THE 1st class honour whizz kid.

By-the-way. It was not until you mirrored back "the ONLY tutor in the world", that I realised I was talking about myself. Lol.
Thankyou for that (in this case - you are 'The Angel' or 'Messenger').

<to Babalon Jones>: Oh yes - The Saturn Return. And - I was born under him - bless him.

Leo77

What's wrong with the animals? I love the animals :-D

And ahh, Re: The Emperor
Looks can be deceiving.
I remember at University - a chap who, walked really slowly, talked really slowly, and spent most of his time (it seemed) beefing up in the gym (looked lud-like and beefy too).
Then I discovered he was THE 1st class honour whizz kid.

By-the-way. It was not until you mirrored back "the ONLY tutor in the world", that I realised I was talking about myself. Lol.
Thankyou for that (in this case - you are 'The Angel' or 'Messenger').

<to Babalon Jones>: Oh yes - The Saturn Return. And - I was born under him - bless him.

I said I LIKE the animals (and the Aces). The animals endeared me to the deck a bit more. I like it when there are more animals in a deck. In fact, I'm feeling a bit whimsy this week, and my finger is hovering over a mini edition of Baroque Bohemian Cats. This is a deck I COULD never have seen myself reading with, but I do love cats. I have five of them (and four dogs). I might pull that trigger.

Tanga

I said I LIKE the animals (and the Aces). The animals endeared me to the deck a bit more. I like it when there are more animals in a deck. In fact, I'm feeling a bit whimsy this week, and my finger is hovering over a mini edition of Baroque Bohemian Cats. This is a deck I COULD never have seen myself reading with, but I do love cats. I have five of them (and four dogs). I might pull that trigger.

Yes - sorry I did re-read and correct post earlier.

Ah yes - the Baroque Bohemian. Isn't the 2 of Swords simply adorable? (Hah! I can see the
'Martial Art' clearly in this rendition - wiley miss.).
And Judgement... perfect! Although... maybe they should be cat angels.

I have the Tarot of the Pagan Cats. And keep looking at all the other cat Tarots and then... slapping my wrist! I also have Tarot of the Cat People (Kuykendall).

If I lived on my own - I'd have more cats. I have one black shorthair.
Dogs - not anymore as my skin condition does not permit me long hours outside in UVA - so would be unfair, not to be able to accompany them all on walkies.
I grew up with Dobbermans, and Ducksies (Lol). A horse riding school at the end of the road. And it was the edge of the outback in Kenya - wildlife was plentiful in my back yard - and even in my home.

Leo77

Yes - sorry I did re-read and correct post earlier.

Ah yes - the Baroque Bohemian. Isn't the 2 of Swords simply adorable? (Hah! I can see the
'Martial Art' clearly in this rendition - wiley miss.).
And Judgement... perfect! Although... maybe they should be cat angels.

I have the Tarot of the Pagan Cats. And keep looking at all the other cat Tarots and then... slapping my wrist! I also have Tarot of the Cat People (Kuykendall).

If I lived on my own - I'd have more cats. I have one black shorthair.
Dogs - not anymore as my skin condition does not permit me long hours outside in UVA - so would be unfair, not to be able to accompany them all on walkies.
I grew up with Dobbermans, and Ducksies (Lol). A horse riding school at the end of the road. And it was the edge of the outback in Kenya - wildlife was plentiful in my back yard - and even in my home.

That sounds beautiful. I have five cats and four of them are black and the fifth is a Siamese. I did not go looking for any of them. They just all kind of showed up in different ways at different times. So that's one of the reasons whenever a Queen of Wands shows up for me, I tend to see it as my significator, lol.

Tanga

That sounds beautiful. I have five cats and four of them are black and the fifth is a Siamese. I did not go looking for any of them. They just all kind of showed up in different ways at different times. So that's one of the reasons whenever a Queen of Wands shows up for me, I tend to see it as my significator, lol.

I strive to be the Queen of Wands. :-D

My cat was sort-of a rescue. A client moved house and couldn't re-home the 3rd cat.

Speaking of witch, the Tarot of Pagan Cats. Alot of the majors just make me so happy...
Two minors that I particularly like:
6 of Wands - the 'Victor' has jumped between the bars with a huge rat in his jaws. Other cats look on admiringly.
10 of Swords - there's an empty cat cushion with 10 swords stuck in it like a pin cushion. There are cobwebs everywhere and the window is open with a faint star trail in the air. "Ill est disparut!" - the cat, has disappeared. Has he moved house?

Heh.

Leo77

I haven't seen that one yet. I'll have to check it out.

Babalon Jones

To bring this back on topic, I guess I will mention I am not really asking about specific decks but more cards in general, and to admit that I am more interested in GD type decks.

Upon consideration, while I don't have cards that define a deck, and I know some do have "deal breaker" cards, (to me they all have that potentially) there are some that I have more defined opinions about (the twos and threes for example) so I pay a lot of attention to them. Others I struggle more with, like the sevens.

I guess Netzach (the sevens in general) is the hardest sphere on the tree of life for me to grasp intellectually. maybe because it is the opposite of reason (Hod). i don't know, it just has so many polarities. On one level, I get it. Ironically, though I cannot grasp it with the left brain, I tap into it all the time while doing art.

Leo77

To bring this back on topic, I guess I will mention I am not really asking about specific decks but more cards in general, and to admit that I am more interested in GD type decks.

/QUOTE]

All apologies. We did momentarily hijack your thread.

I'll bow out because I only read RWS and its variants. The closest I've come to GD is my Thoth deck which, honestly, is just "meh" to me. I'm not particularly interested in Astrology or Kabbalah, either.

Good luck creating your deck, though!