Hardest question you've been asked

Clockwork Ghost

Hi there,

Just wondering what the hardest question you've been asked to do a reading on was. This includes simply complex questions as well as extremely personal ones.

Recently I got a question that read 'My son was hit by a car, and is in hospital in a coma and on life support . The doctors say he was too badly injured and has no chance of survival. They are telling us we should discontinue life support. Will my son ever wake up?'

GotH

Oh that's really heavy.. And extremely sad. How did you answer?

I don't find any questions I get difficult, but I do find certain answers become difficult to say. These are usually when I KNOW what comes out in the cards will be disappointing or hurtful. That's when I want to pack my cards up and walk away.. :(

Clockwork Ghost

I did a reading for them, as requested. The reading featured The Tower and the Ten of Swords, so wasn't really that positive. I'd really been hoping for a positive life affirming spread. I ended up writing several paragraphs about how people never truly die if we remember them in our hearts, and about letting go even though it really hurts inside. The question crippled me for quite some time - my answer was the best I could give, but it made me deeply question who I thought I really was.

Alta

Mine wasn't so hard in absolute terms but it was hard for me. I was a lot younger, had relatively limited life experience and this was my first paid reading.

It was an older (so it seemed to me at the time, probably in her late 50's, early 60's looking back) woman, very thin, worn and tense. She asked for a reading on her marriage. I don't remember what I said, I doubt it was much use. Out tumbled the tale of an abusive husband, no financial resources of her own, a desperate fear of growing old alone and in poverty. I do remember the Queen of swords. :(

Amanda

Toughest questions I've been asked surrounded death as well:

"Will my son live to see the age of 13?"
"Will the baby make it through this?"

Those two were surrounding rare illnesses. The boy is still living though not 13 yet, the baby passed away -- I gave the messages the cards said. But I prefer not to get these questions, really.

nicky

I was working a corporate event way back in the day and I have use a quick yes no spread for those sometimes - aces yes 10s no and counting cards so the answer assosicates with a major arcana...

A woman comes up and asks if she will ever meet her birth mother - I'm thinking holy crap but I do the spread and it came up 10 with the 13th card pulled-
I blurted out 'No, she's dead'

we both stare at each other open mouthed -
still think about that from time to time ... maybe she needed to hear that ...maybe I needed to lie or soften the answer.. but it was what the cards said so ...

nisaba

I've had stacks of them.

There was the guy who wanted a reading because he had kids and a paedophile had been released from gaol and was housed in his street (the reading was all about trying to tell him not to kill the guy outright).

An elderly woman who wanted to know if she would outlive her husband or if he would outlive her (the reading seemed to show that she was either deliberately poisoning him or deliberately tampering with his heart medication).

A couple on honeymoon who came in as a couple to get a reading on the future of their marriage: and the husband spent the whole session bullying his miserable wife mercilessly. The cards showed what you'd think they'd show. It was a matter of being tactful enough that he wouldn't immediately beat ME up, while hinting at his wife that things weren't going to get any better and perhaps she could escape. I count that particular reading as a big fail.

A mother whose schoolteacher-son had been accused of sexual misconduct by a young lass who had a history of falling for good-looking male teachers then getting vindictive when they didn't get involved - how was his trial going to go?

A woman whose son was planning to buy a house with the proceeds of a single act of crime to be carried out on the future: trafficking a huge quantity of drugs into a certain country that has an automatic death penalty. Would he get away with it and buy his house, or would he get caught and executed? (I wished I was reading for *him* - then I could grab him by the scruff of the neck and shout a lot. I recommended she do just that.)

An expatriot Maori coming in for a reading. Her relatives were back in New Zealand, living on her tribal land. The land had been entrusted to her, not them, by tradition and by the land-spirits. She was stuck in Australia trying to earn money, her relatives were violating the land. She was cut to pieces by it.

There isn't any one reading that stands out - there's about thirty.

JackofWands

I've had a lot of questions regarding medical or legal issues that I simply refused to read for--I have always felt that a doctor or lawyer is the only person qualified to address such concerns.

The only question I've ever had that did not violate my code of ethics, but that made me extremely uncomfortable (and for which I ultimately decided not to read) was regarding a family in northern Iraq that was concerned about the growing presence of Daish in their region.

Michael Sternbach

When I spent some time in Japan, there was a business traveller from India staying at the same guest-house for a couple of days. He taught me a two-hours crash course in Hatha-yoga, I offered him a Tarot reading in return. I was quite shocked when he asked me which one of two women he should marry; he had met neither nor was he allowed to do so before the wedding!

I hesitated but wanted to help the man if I had any advice to offer. Without saying a word, I asked the cards if it was appropriate to do this reading. I drew The Hierophant and took this as "yes."

But rather than trying to give him a direct answer, I carried on by exploring what each marriage would be like; I did two relationship spreads, showing him with each potential partner. Both spreads indicated some difficulty but it probably reflected his own doubts at the time of the reading regarding either partner. However, in one of the spreads The Lovers card was present; I recall how my friend looked at it with pleasure. So maybe that was the woman he eventually opted for. Additionally to the reading, I gave him a Bach Flower remedy that helps with indecision. I will never know who he eventually married as I lost contact with him...

earthair

When a couple comes and one person asks a question which is clearly designed to start World War 3 in front of their spouse.
I really need to stop letting both people stay in the room when reading for couples...:rolleyes: