The Book of Kaos

G6

Hey All!

Just received this deck this week and it's AWESOME! Loving the deck, but hating the oracle size cards. 4 x 6! HOLY *&$@ !!!! Anyhoo, to productively resolve my extreme dislike of DOOR SIZED cards I contacted the artist and he is willing to print a smaller size as a custom order. SWEET! I plan to get a 2.5 or so x 4 inch version. Thought I would share incase anybody else loves this deck, but hates oversized cards. If so, I'm guessing Orryelle would sell more than just the one to me. If anyone is interested you can email him at odxob AT yahoo.com and inquire about purchasing the smaller size. It took awhile to arrange this, so I'd strike while the iron is hot or at least still warm!

G6

G6

Ordered my custom Book of Kaos Tarot deck. Orryelle is personally resizing the deck to 4 inches long on the tall side and 2.5 - 3 inches on the short side (as needed per original art). I'm also getting a cellosheen finish. Too cool! 😎 I'll post pics of the smaller size with comparison to the larger size 2nd edition when it arrives.

Anybody else have The Book of Kaos Tarot? Thoughts?

rwcarter

I have it. I made a custom box for it as the box it came in was way too flimsy. You can see a pic here.

I would swear I've used the deck for a reading exchange, but couldn't find any record of me using it (even though I've offered). I love the deck and hope to use it one of these days.

Rodney

G6

I have it. I made a custom box for it as the box it came in was way too flimsy. You can see a pic here.

I would swear I've used the deck for a reading exchange, but couldn't find any record of me using it (even though I've offered). I love the deck and hope to use it one of these days.

Rodney

Cool box! 😎 Looks like a perfect fit. Where did you find it? Did you cut up the original box to glue the pieces onto the sturdier box?

rwcarter

Cool box! 😎 Looks like a perfect fit. Where did you find it? Did you cut up the original box to glue the pieces onto the sturdier box?
The original box fits inside the box I made using illustration board, colored paper, glue, a printout of one of the Lovers cards on photo paper, some tape and spray varnish. Check out Tarot Box-making hobby for more pics and info.

Rodney

G6

The original box fits inside the box I made using illustration board, colored paper, glue, a printout of one of the Lovers cards on photo paper, some tape and spray varnish. Check out Tarot Box-making hobby for more pics and info.

Rodney

That's cool. Thanks for the info. Here's a pic of the guide on how to make a tarot box if anyone wants to try something new!

Attachments

• Lynyrd Narciso Tarot Box Making Guide.jpg
    Lynyrd Narciso Tarot Box Making Guide.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 341

*Isobel*

G6 what do you think of the cardstock? Is as thin as the first edition?

G6

G6 what do you think of the cardstock? Is as thin as the first edition?

I don't have the 1st edition, but I can't imagine the 1st edition is any thinner or there would only be one side! �� The second edition is very cheap thin cardstock and there appears to be no lamination. These seem like the type of cards for someone that doesn't shuffle, fans the deck on a big table and gingerly picks their draw. I'll be interested to see what a difference the cello sheen finish makes on the custom deck I ordered. I don't know much about cello sheen other than this blurb I read online:

Cello sheen
A plastic film lamination (in either gloss or matt) offering flexibility, tear resistance and long term durability. Used extensively on magazine covers, postcards, annual report covers and presentation folders.

Maybe someone else here has the 1st and 2nd edition of The Book of Kaos Tarot and can give an assessment on differences?

ETA: I misspook above I think I have the 1st edition from 2004

G6

Anybody here have the 1st and 2nd edition of The Book of Kaos Tarot and can give an assessment on differences? Maybe a pic?

Or at least the 2nd edition? I think I have the 1st edition.

G6

SMALLER SIZE!!!

Okay, just got my smaller size Book of Kaos Tarot!

Here's pics with the differences and Orryelle signed my box #1/1 since this is the only copy so far!!!! 😎

I had this done with the matte cello sheen, so the card itself does feel more waxy and substantial then the 1st edition that I have, but the corners may still bend as the Fool card had a bit of bend on the corners.

The size is 4x3 inches!!! AWESOME!!!

PICS

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 70.jpg
    FullSizeRender 70.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 337
  • FullSizeRender 69.jpg
    FullSizeRender 69.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 343