Anna K Tarot - 5 Favorite Majors

greatdane

That's lovely, Leah

Thank you for sharing that thought. What we see in the images is how and why a particular card in a particular deck speaks to us. I know probably just about anyone can somehow interpret a card, but it's what that card says to us that determines our readings. For me, the Anna K speaks clearly.

Carla

My favourite majors, in random order:

The Moon--It's the only Moon card that actually gives me a feeling of hidden depths and mystery, unknown, a shadow world where your mind can deceive you. I like how she has taken out all the esoteric images (dog, wolf, crab or whatever that thing is, all that Golden Dawn stuff).

The Lovers--Like most people, I was struck by the elderly couple, how the card depicts a deep and abiding lifelong commitment, that is still in full-flower.

The High Priestess--I could never connect to the High Priestess in other decks, she seemed so cold and unapproachable. But this High Priestess is about as earthy as a High Priestess can get, leaning against a gnarled tree, observing the phases of the moon, with her very organic-looking garments trailing into the water. She seems as fertile as the Empress, in a shadowy, spiritual sort of way.

Death--Okay, Death is a hottie. He could lead me down that straight path to the blue horizon any time. :)

The Chariot--I like how he's flying up into the sun. It's inspiration and a caution, just like Icarus--you can fly, but don't get too close to the sun!

greatdane

Loved your post, Carla!

Your so nailed the details! While I agree with all your comments, Death, well, that's the best death card I've seen. When you think about the ominous looking ones and the skeletons, this death card is, well,.... :))

Flaxen

My favourite majors in Anna K are:

High Priestess - I love the way way she is gazing out to the moon.

Temperance - Can't quite put into words what I like about it. It just has a sense of serenity and calm about it.

The World - It's balanced, links in with older traditions of a world tree.

The Hermit - sense of quiet, thoughtfulness and desire to hear the quiet, wise spirit inside us.

Strength - Just a lovely depiction of calm, quiet, gentle strength. She's not coercive or bullying but has a calm assurance.

greatdane

Hi Flaxen

So many of the words you used to describe those cards are words I think of with the Anna deck. Balanced, quiet, calm. wise, thoughtful. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

GD

Lunar

I feel the need to just jump straight in here, as i have just received my Anna K tarot deck a couple of days ago....not sure if this thread is still active (i hope so!) but i agree with every one's feelings about the Death card!!

greatdane said:
Your so nailed the details! While I agree with all your comments, Death, well, that's the best death card I've seen. When you think about the ominous looking ones and the skeletons, this death card is, well,.... :))

It is the best i've seen too, the Angel of Death holds out his hand and beckons you to go with him, it is though he is saying... Come, take my hand, this is the path you need to take, do not be afraid, trust me and i will help and guide you through this transition... it is so gentle, yet the card is so dark, but i can see daybreak on the horizon, the path looks as though it leads from the darkness to the light...this is a truly beautiful card!

Cwenecyn

scorpioleah said:
But my fave is
The lovers.
I like how it is an older couple. Most tarot have young couples who are most likely in lust rather than love. An older couple to me symbolizes love over a long period of time, learning to give and take etc

Mine too. The 2 of cups can be the young infatuated lovers, but the older lovers is brilliant.

I'm not so sure I like the chariot. I always appreciated the black and white horses running in opposite directions needing to be controlled by the brute strength and cunning of the charioteer. It represented the opposite type of strength of the Strength card. Now he's dashing into the sun, kind of Icarus-like. I'm worried about him.

Any thoughts?

Cwenecyn

Lunar said:
It is the best i've seen too, the Angel of Death holds out his hand and beckons you to go with him, it is though he is saying... Come, take my hand, this is the path you need to take, do not be afraid, trust me and i will help and guide you through this transition... it is so gentle, yet the card is so dark, but i can see daybreak on the horizon, the path looks as though it leads from the darkness to the light...this is a truly beautiful card!

Yes, but it's clear you don't have a choice; that sickle is sharp. There is something reassuring about him. He's like the ghosts, especially the last one, in the Christmas Carol, going to show you something or take you somewhere for your own good.

Topaz71

I can hardly narrow it down for the majors in this deck. The Star is so beautiful. I almost feel drawn into it with the sounds of the waterfall, making that wish upon a star.

The Sun is bright and cherry with the path through the sunflowers. Considering the lack of sunshine around here over the past few months, my eyes just drink this card in.

Death and Judgement play off of each other. After you follow (hottie) Death, he waits for you in the sun with open arms- now he is golden with a wand sprouting leaves. The figures crossing through the tunnel all appear to have arrived home.

The Lovers is genius with the elderly couple rather than "the beautiful people" so often pictured in this card. Deep and everlasting love. The dog at the man's feet makes it a scene of contentment rather than lust.

The chariot dashing towards the sun? I recall in the story of Phaethon that Apollo advised him to let the horses take the lead. They knew the path. Phaethon was headstrong and drove the horses off the path, freezing the earth in spots, scorching it in others. This card serves as a warning to listen to common sense in what you're doing. Forge ahead but for Pete's sake, think about what you're doing.

Finally, the Empress. She has truly grown on me and I now adore this card. She has this glint in her eyes like "go ahead. Make my day and I'll show you exactly what happens when you mess with Mother Nature."

I don't think I will ever get bored with this deck.