the As Official As It Can Get Guide To The Pixie Lenormand Deck

Astraea

Forgive me if this thread is intended to move sequentially through the deck, and if so please just ignore this post until the appropriate moment. :) The card I am most curious to learn more about, in terms of design/compositional elements, is the Ring (especially in its bearing on commitment, social contracts and - often - loving relationship). Thank you!

Regarding the Tree, I have a little story to tell about it. I was doing two-card daily draws for awhile and drew Tree + Horseman on one particular day. When I do daily draws, I don't turn the cards over until nighttime because I want to avoid any possibility of self-fulfilling prophecy. Well, I have a disability and on that day I purchased a rolling walker, LOL!

The intersection of symbolism and literalism in the Lenormand continually amazes me, and it's this charming admixture that makes it my favorite oracle. Thank you again for Pixie's deck, it's simply wonderful.

starlightexp

Here ya go:

The Ring: Marriage, partnership matters. Contracts, agreements. Offer, proposal. Gift, present. Reunion, approval. Completion

Here we have a very complex image. You would think there would be a bit more to work with in the way of circles with Pam's artwork...but...no. The band of the ring is fromThe World card, perfect for this in its meaning of completion. The top of the band is set the crown off the Queen of Pentacles and into that are 6 stars that, of course, come from The Star card. The sun and wings come from a book plate that Pam did, but the coloring of the wings is the shading done for the mountain on The Lovers. The clouds are from the Ace of Pentacles and the background from the Two of Cups. The card is all about contracts, binding agreements and the like. The reason there are 6 stars are because six is a very balanced number. Coming from the working of the fives into the mature choices of the sevens. The wings and sun all are there to give support to the arrival of this new "gift". The playing card that goes with this card is traditionally the Ace of Clubs, which in tarot would be the Ace of Wands. The something happens here. Something is formed with this card, wether it is an existing one or new a binding takes place and that leads to a new energy of creation. A union of things will always lead to a new path.

Astraea

Oh, thank you so much for this detailed journey into the Ring card! I really like learning about your creative process and the wonderful way you've sought its unfolding through PCS's imagery. Much appreciated!

Ashtaroot

Astraea said:
Forgive me if this thread is intended to move sequentially through the deck, and if so please just ignore this post until the appropriate moment. :) The card I am most curious to learn more about, in terms of design/compositional elements, is the Ring (especially in its bearing on commitment, social contracts and - often - loving relationship). Thank you!

Regarding the Tree, I have a little story to tell about it. I was doing two-card daily draws for awhile and drew Tree + Horseman on one particular day. When I do daily draws, I don't turn the cards over until nighttime because I want to avoid any possibility of self-fulfilling prophecy. Well, I have a disability and on that day I purchased a rolling walker, LOL!

The intersection of symbolism and literalism in the Lenormand continually amazes me, and it's this charming admixture that makes it my favorite oracle. Thank you again for Pixie's deck, it's simply wonderful.

Yeah I think we were going in order, but yup you hit on one of the cards that I thought it is best for the creator to let his spirit run wild with it. And through that he brought the spirit of the times that Pixie was living in. I know it is not a simple "Lenormand" ring, but it is Pixies' deck so you are bound to find some esoteric symbols here and there. The creator was very smart in hiding them})

I hope you like it Astrea, for me when I pull it I see a shining diamond ring :D

Love the story.

keep all the stories coming. I am sure all the new comers to Lenormand will appreciate them:)

Astraea

My apologies for breaking into the numerical order of the cards...I find the Ring intriguing and jumped the gun! I certainly do see the spirit of Pixie's times reflected in the imagery.

Ashtaroot

Astraea said:
My apologies for breaking into the numerical order of the cards...I find the Ring intriguing and jumped the gun! I certainly do see the spirit of Pixie's times reflected in the imagery.
Oh no apologies needed no worries:love: I didn't see the previous posts my computer was locked while typing the reply..so I left it and came back and just hit submit.

Astraea

Thank you Ashtaroot! I don't know how to do the heart smiley, but consider it returned!

starlightexp

The Clouds

Meaning: Obstacles and unpleasant events. Complications, uncertainties and troubles. Be patient. Disturbed people around you. (King of Clubs)

A very simple image with the Ace of Wands giving the castle and the background from The Hermit the sky. The clouds themselves come from almost all the Aces with bits and pieces making them up. I know the sometimes in the decks the clouds are lighter on one side then the other, but rather then do that I pushed them more off to one side to let people know if they are coming or going. One of the things I love about the design of this card was getting in the shading on the clouds, just one of those little 'pixie' things that was a fun thing to add in.

Ashtaroot

Clouds

In the old times they used to say if the king on that card is facing the querent card it is a sign of a good omen, and if his back is towards the querent then there soon will be some not very happy events.

Then came the dark clouds, if the dark clouds are next to the querent then you have some trouble brewing and if the white clouds where there instead it's that your trouble are over.

And the Sylvie Steinbach meaning confusion, madness to the mind and instability to the heart....no matter where the clouds or the king are facing.

For me I used to use the king position but now I don't look at the clouds or the king, if that card showed up it is defenatly something going on. Could be some hesitation or fogginess something not vey clear. This has been working perfectly for me.

I believe that everything works as long as you are happy and comfortable with
it.

Ashtaroot

Snake

This is hypocrisy,betrayal,and loss. And if you are doing the Grand Tableau the further away from the charged card the better.

I have been getting it lately for these sickness , flu, cold, fever

I got woman + child+ snake
It was literally telling me that my boy was gonna be sick.

But for me and IMHO whatever the trouble that come from the snake is usually never too serious or too grave. What I am trying to say that it can be dealt with. Like if you had a bump on your path you just deal with and move on. Also what is important is the cards around it, and usually those cards will indicate how serious is that problem.