Laura Tuan Lenormand Oracle

Le Fanu

I have this deck - once I'd got over the initial shock of the size I really rather like it. I have a big table, so it's no great shakes for me. If I use small cards on my big table or if I use big cards on my big table, it doesn't really matter.

I never teach Lenormand so I won't be using them for that, but for those who are learning Houses (as explained in the Enchanted Lenormand companion book), this deck is excellent.

I have this large deck in order in my Lenormand chest and I lay it out in order and then lay my smaller cards out on top. Perfect.

I know the original Lenormands were small but enlarging decks like this bothers me less than some other things happening out there in Lenormand Land...

La Force

for those who are learning Houses (as explained in the Enchanted Lenormand companion book), this deck is excellent.

I have this large deck in order in my Lenormand chest and I lay it out in order and then lay my smaller cards out on top. Perfect.

This a fabulous way to use the cards, awesome ^5 (=high 5). thanks :)

pluto'sapprentice258

I know the original Lenormands were small but enlarging decks like this bothers me less than some other things happening out there in Lenormand Land...

Oooh, do tell, Le Fanu! What's going down?

La Force, I'd never seen this version of Laura Taun's deck. I have the original French Cartomancy deck in the standard size, but with the borders removed to make them smaller still!
Also, check out 'Learning Lenormand' by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin, and 'Cartomancy with the Lenormand and the Tarot' by Patrick Dunn.

You'll be Bouquet + Stars in no time :D

little p

La Force

La Force, I'd never seen this version of Laura Taun's deck. I have the original French Cartomancy deck in the standard size, but with the borders removed to make them smaller still!
Also, check out 'Learning Lenormand' by Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin, and 'Cartomancy with the Lenormand and the Tarot' by Patrick Dunn.

You'll be Bouquet + Stars in no time :D

little p

Thanks, I'm looking into those books. I'm very undecided about this one Cartomancy with the Lenormand and the Tarot' by Patrick Dunn. This book seem more tarot, what I've seen so far, then lenormand. hmmmm

I'm reading a thread on the other as I am typing this

Le Fanu

goodness - where to start? I think I'd rather have a Dondorf on a mega-Thoth-"inappropriately" sized card than something daubed, scribbled and child-like on the *right* size of Lenormand cards.

But that's just me...

La Force

goodness - where to start? I think I'd rather have a Dondorf on a mega-Thoth-"inappropriately" sized card than something daubed, scribbled and child-like on the *right* size of Lenormand cards.

But that's just me...

ROTFLMBO...Oh Le Fanu, the truth is killing me, LOL, I can't stop laughing.....

That is sooo true, I will any day take the meg thoth version of the lenormand over scribblings.....LOL back to more laughing LOL

Melia

I am interested to hearing what you thoughts are on this deck. Do you have it. what are your impressions. What do you make of the meanings described in the book?

I don't have this deck so I cannot comment indepth on the content of the book. It's probably a nice study/teaching deck though. I do like the French Cartomancy deck (it's my go to Lenormand) and will possibly buy this deck at some point just to have.

The example you gave below from the book - the clouds card is the most negative card in the Lenormand deck imo. This isn't an interpretation of the clouds symbol, but of the King of Clubs playing cards insert (on the clouds card) ... the King of Clubs usually representing someone who is trustworthy and generous.

---

"ETA: example from the book. Gypse Oracle spread

6. Clouds in column 3 money:
Position 3: unexpected events
Meaning: A loan granted by an influential friend.

Also she uses reverse meanings, like tarot.

Here is the reversed meaning for the above.
Rx: don't accept loans even if your in deep water"

La Force

I don't have this deck so I cannot comment indepth on the content of the book. It's probably a nice study/teaching deck though. I do like the French Cartomancy deck (it's my go to Lenormand) and will possibly buy this deck at some point just to have.

The example you gave below from the book - the clouds card is the most negative card in the Lenormand deck imo. This isn't an interpretation of the clouds symbol, but of the King of Clubs playing cards insert (on the clouds card) ... the King of Clubs usually representing someone who is trustworthy and generous.

---

"ETA: example from the book. Gypse Oracle spread

6. Clouds in column 3 money:
Position 3: unexpected events
Meaning: A loan granted by an influential friend.

Also she uses reverse meanings, like tarot.

Here is the reversed meaning for the above.
Rx: don't accept loans even if your in deep water"

That what is different about this book is that she incorporates the playing card meanings into the lenormand meanings, which can be a bit confusing.

anyone with this book please take a look at it, and post you thoughts, about her reading techniques, meanings, etc. I would find your take on this important before I start trying out her technique. I'm already have difficulty with reading the cards, I am trying to find a technique that works for me. Thank you

La Force

Melia

That what is different about this book is that she incorporates the playing card meanings into the lenormand meanings, which can be a bit confusing.
La Force

This is where experience surely comes in ... knowing when to read the playing card. In the sample from the text you provided, it makes far more sense, to me, to read the playing card insert.

La Force

This is where experience surely comes in ... knowing when to read the playing card. In the sample from the text you provided, it makes far more sense, to me, to read the playing card insert.

With much research it is all becoming clear, That this book is the closest your gonna get to how the cards are to be read. It's my A'ha moment. your to read the cards in combination, using both the insert and the symbols, cause the symbols are from coffee ground / Tea leaf meanings. :) cards are easy to put in your pocket than a cup of coffee or tea. Also Mlle Lenormand used many forms of divination, and I can guarantee she read either coffee grounds / tea leaves, as one of her techniques and playing card cartomancy. I'm very stoked on my findings :).

ETA: Ohhh the tradionalist are gonna hate me for this, but oh well, have a read http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=206580