Titania's Fortune Cards?

aeonx

Greetings.
I wondered, does anybody of you own this deck? In that case, what's your opinion? :) Thanx.

~aeonx~

Aerin

Yes, I have. I got them reduced price.

I've opened the box.

I've looked at the book.

That's it.

I didn't think much of them at all: looked pretty superficial to me. But then, to be fair, I did give them a pretty superficial examination. I will look at them again when I have time and post on them again.

Aerin

aeonx

Thank you! :)
Do you know where I can view the cards? I've tried Aeclectic ('course :D ) and Wicce's.

~aeonx~

catlin

Hi aeonx,

I saw an open package of them in "my" book store and my first thought was "Kitsch as kitsch can". They did not speak to me and I got the feeling that they were only meant to pull the cash out of your pocket. I am no Hardy fan, be it Titania or her offspring Samantha.

aeonx

Thanx catlin. I think I'll leave them be. :p

~aeonx~

Aerin

Yup, I've looked at them again, it is just as I thought. Just ... empty of anything. I haven't seen the cards online, and I'm not surprised.

I suppose they are very unthreatening (she said, trying to be positive and making heavy weather of it). Oh, and I like the packaging. They are all a photo of a single image e.g. a cat, a flower, a bloke on a horse which have been manipulated e.g. the card is the negative made a bit fluorescent. Very very poor cardstock, all flimsy (bit like the system really).

The meanings are deeply superficial (can you do that? maybe shallowly superficial?) and very reminiscent of old LWBs e.g. the scythe card when drawn next to the coffin card means 'death'. No, really. The Rider is someone 'with good manners and a kindly countenance' bringing a message. Aaaaaaargh.

Well, they were very very cheap. Now, there maybe someone out there who would just lurve them.

Aerin

Logiatrix

i have "titania's oraqle?"...it's a book/chart number covered in dark blue velvet. it's more amusing than deep--the kind of thing to use at sleep-overs, or whatever. i like leaving it out for guests to play with; it fulfills that curiosity nitch, then nobody tries to touch my tarot cards!

finn

I bought this before I'd anything to do with tarot.

Whne i opened the pack, I was so disappointed. And the readings weren't accurate either, looking back.

No offense, but I'll be sticking to my lovely Classical Tarot.

oldsoul

i got titanias book of spells a couple of years ago as a present... cute and full of aromatherapy 'spells' it was just a pretty book. now i see her everywhere! only yesterday i saw a book and card set and a few days before i saw soap! it's all got very commercial!
oldsoul

Damien X

Titania & mlle Lenormand

Titania's Fortune Cards are just a 'modern' and truly crappy rip-off of the Oracle of mlle Lenormand, which is just a beautiful set of 36 cards used for divination. I use the later mentioned deck a lot in my own practice, and fondly recommend it to anyone interested in an alternative to the Tarots. The best edition is manufactured by Piatnik, but I also love the one by AGMuller. The deck can be bought from www.alidastore.com - one of my favourite e-stores! :eek:) Anyway, I felt I had to clear things up...