Books, books and more books!!!

sweet_intuition

The crowned one said:
Any recommends for history related tarot books?

The Tarot: History, Symbolism & Divination
By Robert M. Place

As for a third book to indicate Books You Must Own...

78 Degrees of Wisdom

By Rachel Pollack

The crowned one

sweet_intuition said:
The Tarot: History, Symbolism & Divination
By Robert M. Place

Read it and enjoyed it.

sweet_intuition

Then I would recommend this:

Tarot Symbolism

By Robert O'Neill

The crowned one

Out of print. I have found a copy and a few reviews....looking forward to owning it.

The crowned one

jmd said:

I did go there but the postage made it prohibitive to me. I just will not pay 43 USA dollars or 50 plus Canadian dollars to ship a book. I assumed they had rights to the book and were printing it them-selfs, a private publisher.

I have found a few copies for much less, and hope to own it soon.

Do you recommend it too?

jmd

Fair enough.

The book was re-printed using (very) short run print-on-demand technology, and not mass-printed. The price of AU$35 was about the cheapest we could bring it out using that method (the ATS is not a publisher - but at the time when the book was out of print, it was fecthing exhorbitent prices).

As to postage, what is charged is actually less than the envelope and postage actually cost (I know that from each time I send one).

But it is great to hear that some are reaching the second-hand market! What we were concerned with is making sure the book continues to be available, and Robert O'Neill kindly allowed the ATS to do just that.

The crowned one

Every indication is it is a great book..

I think what The Association for Tarot Studies is doing is a wonderful service.

The crowned one

Today I picked up "Tarot tells the tale" (James Ricklef) Looks very good.
Another copy of "The tarot " (Alfred Duoglas), I feel this is a must own book.
and a 1980 edition of "78 degree's of wisdom a book of tarot part 1" ..for 5 bucks ! Looking forward to more reading.