Barbie Tarot

faunabay

**ROFLMAO**

OK, nobody flip out! :D It's only in a book. There is no "real" Barbie Tarot deck as far as I know. :D But it was so strange I had to pass it on. LOL

Anyway it's in a book of short stories all about tarot (which everyone needs to read) called "Tarot Fantastic". Has some really great stories all based on tarot!!!

The story that has the Barbie Tarot is about the President of the United States who's daughter reads tarot cards. Her deck is.....of course the Barbie Tarot.

Handbags are Cups. Shoes are Swords. Hairbrushes are Wands. Earrings are Pentacles.
Barbie's Pink Corvette is the Chariot!
Great Shape Barbie is Strength!
Malibu Barbie is the High Priestess!

Here's the daughter explaining one of the cards....

"In the picture, Barbie's checking out this shop window, and there's all these handbags: blue ones, black ones, a green one, a yellow one, and a clear plastic one with scrunched up newspaper in it, right? So this is "The Point of No Return", where you've come down so far from the Spiritual World that you can't get out of the Material World and go back up. It's a decision card, on account of Barbie's got to make a choice. So okay, one of the handbags is the OBVIOUS one, right? But it really ISN'T, not if you're looking real close. See the silver clasp on the clear handbag? It just won't go with her gold-tone earrings and necklace and stuff. The bird on her shoulder is supposed to be this great knowledge coming from somewhere, but the bird on the sidewalk pecking at the crumbs could be advice coming from some "really faux" person, so like there's a warning to be careful."

**ROFLMAO**

sparrowspirit

Hilarious!!!

Oh, my goodness, that is so funny..... and yet pretty on! Now I am so curious about the "rest" of the deck. Are there any other card descriptions? I am going to have to look for this book!

Sparrow

faunabay

Well, that was the biggest explanation. But she says that all the Kings are boyfriends of Barbie's girlfriends! LOL
And talks about the 9 of Handbags showing a plump and happy man surrounded by 9 bulging purses! :D
It's really funny reading her trying to give her Dad advise on a very critical hostage situation from the Barbie Tarot!! ROFL

HudsonGray

I read it! I was laughing like crazy as the President's daughter started interpreting the reading with her Barbie Tarot for the other reader (who was understandably flumoxed). GREAT little story. GREAT interpretation by the girl too, she knew her deck, handbags and all!

sparrowspirit

It makes you wonder.....

Does the president use divinatory information to make his decisions? I remember Nancy Reagan consulting her astrologer. I guess a Barbie Tarot is as good as any oracle, as long as the reader knows her stuff...LOL. That's really campy, though. It would make an interesting movie too, don't you think?

Any other funny stories in that book?

Sparrow

faunabay

Actually the very first story was really good too. It's about a workaholic woman who's friend forces her to get a tarot reading. But she gets a business call in the middle of the reading so doesn't end up hearing the whole thing. As she's running out of the tent (it's at a carnival type setting) the reader says something about how the cards are going to "make her listen" or something like that. The lady ends up seeing the cards in real life! :)

For instance she gets stopped in traffic because there's a car wreck in front of her and she sees a circus truck that has over turned with a lion and a woman hanging upside down (obviously in the reading she got Strength reversed) ROFL As the woman and the lion get down - the lion runs off and the woman says to the lady (that got the reading) "never fear passion"! Then she walks up to the police, who have the lion cornered, and says "Brute force will get you nowhere with him" :D

And she runs into a blindfolded woman surrounded by 8 swords. She stops to untie her and the woman says thank you and she would have done it herself but she was afraid of moving out of a situation of bondage!

It's really fun to see how she turns her life around to stop the 10 of swords (her outcome card!) from literally coming true. :)

rota

You know, the only way the Barbie Tarot (DAMN that's funny!!) will ever get made is if Mattel decides it's gotta be done. We need a letter-writing campaign! Can't you just see a pink Tarot deck?!

Pollux

Faunabay: *ROFLMAO!!!*

I bet that card was the Seven of Handbags :T7C ... ;) *LMAO*

Maan

Wauw i thought this sounded familair and guess what..i have this book in DUTCH. The first time someone here talks about a book that actually hase been trancleted in dutch....( maan needs to sit down and take a deep breath LOL )

Jewel

~giggles~ I want that book *LOL* ... I must confess though ~ducks behind a chair~ I hate Barbie ... the little $%#^& has everything *ROFLMAO*. But the book sounds really funny.