Whats your 'Tower' story? :D

emmsma

My Tower experience was taking up with someone that was an alcoholic. Ya know how they say when you ignore the lessons that the cards reveal, the lessons get harder until they sink in.

I pulled Towers for several years.

My first marriage ending, when I left my husband for the drunk.
Ending up homeless and couch surfing with him
His needless jealousy and rage
His decline into Cocaine addiction

I finally accepted the truth of my crumbling life when he began to threaten me. I told him it was over and was out of our apartment within three days.

Suddenly the Towers were gone. The Wheel had turned.

vee

For me, the Tower is a moment that takes all my understanding of the world and then tears it down. The Wheel is change--the Tower is devastation. However, I usually think of it as a positive, but painful change. I think of it as a necessary pain that needs to be gone through. The Tower frees you from bondage: from delusions you have based your life around, from complacency that keeps you from moving forward, from a cycle of bad decisions that can't be stopped.

The Wheel can symbolize similar things, but to me, it's more of a chaotic thing. Things are changing because all things change. The Tower is a change that happens suddenly but has been building up, even if you didn't notice it. It's a release. It's pressure building up and exploding out.

MaineGirl117

Whenever the Tower card shows up for me, something generally happens within 24/48 hours. It's like pouring fuel on a fire (even if my question is forecasted for 'next month' etc...). Usually I welcome the change, but it's not always comfortable.

Last year it kept showing up in readings about this guy I had started seeing. I was so new to Tarot I just didn't get it, but it persisted. Turns out he's got a violent side, and is also a stalker. Once I suspected this, I threw him out of my house.

I've also seen this come up as 'decluttering' the house too! Especially when I get rid of clothing I haven't worn in some time. It's like discarding an old persona that doesn't fit anymore!

I received it in a daily draw just the other day too. We had a powerful thunder/lightening storm and I was driving to work in the dark. Imagine my surprise when I came upon the remains of an old telephone pole that had been struck by lightening and shattered into a million pieces in the middle of the road!

Zezina

My Tower experience

September 2009. Upon request I read the cards for a close friend from out-of-town. Morgan-Greer, Celtic Cross, charge: a gold coin ($1 or $2 as I do for close friends, because decades ago I was taught to do that).

Final outcome card was The Tower. A shock to me, and concern about their assets. I verbalized this as a change that was coming.

Preceding cards in 7th-9th positions: 2 of Cups, 7 of Pentacles, Judgement.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened for 18 months. Then they re-arranged the rooms of their house to incorporate their living room into their gallery business area, resulting in some discomfort, that still continues.

Here was the sudden change the cards had indicated, but it took 18 months to happen.

What am I to think?

*Z*

TarotOyster

I got the tower once for a terrible fling I had. I won't get into any graphic details of what the tower meant in that respect.... but he was the worst lover :p

I've also gotten the tower for an upsetting time of my life, I kept getting it after a difficult break up and I had to move into an apartment that I hated at the time, and couldn't see anything positive about my life.

moonpixie

I remember a Tower moment from a couple of years ago.

A guy at work who I (thought) I really liked finally asked me out after almost 2yrs of me desperately wanting him to make a move on me.

Four days post-date I asked the cards how things would develop between us that week. Drew the High Priestess, Tower & Hermit. I instantly got a bad vibe & saw it as us both withdrawing from each other due to some unexpected event.

About an hour after me doing that reading, a good friend of mine (and ex-workmate of his) called me to tell me the man in question had just texted her and asked her out on a date!!

I was mortified as I thought he really liked me and in his texts to her, he completely disregarded me and told my friend how much he liked her instead.

Totally unexpected and an enormous knock to my ego & confidence.

MissCW

One thing you do get from reading all these Tower experiences is that although in most cases (as mine was) they really do blindside you and you are just not expecting them, you are so much better off finding out than being unaware and stuck in whatever situation it is. That's why I don't actually mind seeing the Tower, even though it can be hard at the time.

I just think, well it must be for the best!

Thanks for sharing all these experiences.

Chiriku

I have never had the Tower come up in a reading for myself. I would have remembered if I did, even years and years ago.

Then again, I don't read for myself a huge amount, so the statistical chance is probably lessened. But then again, again, I don't tend to have huge ups or downs in my life, neither great towering passions and highs nor great Tower endings and lows. However you look at it, there's a reason I've never drawn The Tower.

I had it come up last year as the "outcome" in a relationship reading I did for someone, and I felt that the card was sort of having a laugh, reinforcing wryly his pre-existing concerns about the new relationship. I recently learned that the relationship had ended, but I don't know whether it was under "Tower"-like circumstances or not.

SagiChar

I have a new meaning for The Tower card that I have for everyone...it's more on the mundane level, I think, but here goes...I did a reading for my husband the very first day I got my Aquarian Tarot deck, didn't really know the meanings (very new - and still am) ... The Tower came up for him, and I immediately related it to his business...since he repairs computers (computer towers). Just a different twist for everyone!

Anastacia

I've had the Tower come up in a few ways in daily draws.

The most mundane one was when I was restocking shelves, up on a ladder and pulling down excess stock from the very top. I dropped and smashed a bottle of liquid fish oil. That stunk all day, no matter how many times I washed the floor and my hands.

I have a co worker who has epilepsy - it came up on a day when there were great dramas and people rushing because he had a fit.

It was there on the morning before a really bad storm that hit a tree out the front of my place - the tree rested on the power lines and my power went out.

It comes up regularly as 'what my boss wants from me' - My position is pretty stable so I think it's talking about his expectation and hope that our sales will go through the roof and records will be smashed.

It came up with the 3 of pents after my daughter had a car crash - I think it was talking about her accident insurance policy.