Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards

Padma

Let's look at Shepherd first. What does a shepherd do? A shepherd herds and tends; therefore, I interpret Shepherd as careful attention to detail and "fine-tooth combing" through situations.

Next, the Eye. Obviously an eye watches and keeps tabs on everything in its sight. So for me, as a card in a position to modify/describe Shepherd, the Eye means being watchful and weary.

So Shepherd + Eye to me might mean watching detail or tending to something literally having to do with one's eye. Depends on the context of your question.

Dancer, I haven't seen Azul Paradiso for a while here (this thread does go back a bit in time) but I think your take is good - regarding Shepherd and Eye - and I believe this deck thread is a good one to reanimate! I also have this deck, but I find it a bit dark to work with. I would welcome a new in-depth look at it through the eyes of other Forumites.

There are other good threads on it, I think DownUnderNZ did a pretty thorough one, if memory serves - but I am glad to see this one come back.

And goodness, but I do miss Cardlady! Her talents for analysis were outstanding....

danielnogo

Hey, the thing with Gypsy Cards, is some cards cancel each other out, and some enhance others. I REALLY wish there was a book on how to read these cards more thoroughly, the LWS(Little white sheet) gives you an example, and shows how some of the cards come together, but it is very confusing. I tend to use them like a lenormand more often than not, makes everything much easier.

Sar

I love this deck. And it works.

Ira

I have this deck too and like it.

Long story short. I'm going to start using this again.
There are helpful ideas on here on how to use it :)

Sar

Long story short. I'm going to start using this again.
There are helpful ideas on here on how to use it :)

There is??? Well, I can use the search function. :D

Ira

There is??? Well, I can use the search function. :D

yeah, and I think there is a serenapowers link a couple of pages behind too ;)

Sharla

I've had this deck saved on my wish list for some time but after coming across this thread I've decided to order :).

Does anybody know if it's okay to use these together in a reading with my normal tarot cards.
So for example say I do a three card spread with my tarot cards and then I pull three cards from the gypsy fortune telling deck to place underneath the cards .

Or even just pull 1 card to clarify your actual spread ?

Be interested to know if this would work or if anyone's tried this.

Sar

I've had this deck saved on my wish list for some time but after coming across this thread I've decided to order :).

Does anybody know if it's okay to use these together in a reading with my normal tarot cards.
So for example say I do a three card spread with my tarot cards and then I pull three cards from the gypsy fortune telling deck to place underneath the cards .

I don't think the cards do mind.

Ira

Hi,
Haven't tried it yet.
I think @ danielnogo had posted something: some of the cards cancel each other out.
Let us know how it goes for you, if you do incorporate this deck :)