"your name" spread

psychic sue

I am going to try this out later, but I was just wondering - I have gone back to using my maiden name - I will do the spread for both my married and maiden name to see which name I should use to bring me the most positive influences?

I'll try it out anyhow !

Clau

my 2 cents

lunalafey said:
I have had the book for about a week- it addresses reading tarot intuitively and by using a method called Gestalt.....

Hi!

Gestalt is a "Method" or trend (I really don't know how to say it in english) which belongs to he humanist approach in psichology.

The Gestalt sees the person as a whole, not dissecting it like the behaviourism of psichoanalysis, but integrating all the aspects that conform a human being, and therefore considers thart each "part" has an impact on the other parts or aspects of a person.

Also, Gestalt has integrated oriental philosopies such as Buddhism, Zen, Tantrism and others, Zen has had a noticeable influence on Gestalt in terms of the attention it pays to the "here and Now" of the person, and also, encourages the suppression of conceptual thinking and lets the person act and think spontaneously.

I know this is a very short description of Gestalt, but I hope it helps to make the connection between gestalt and Tarot.

Blessings,

Clau

I know this is TOTALLY off topic, but I thought it would help...

Pipistrelle

This spread sounds very interesting Lunalafey and I'm going to give it a go, even though there's lots of cards and I probably won't be able to make head nor tail of it!

Just one question..in the last name section - how would you describe the position meaning of "WILL" and how would that be different to "SPIRIT"? Just having a bit of a block on that one...:(

Thanks!

Pip

lunalafey

I see the WILL card as being what we think, want, etc. More related to our ego & desires and the way that we achive them. I see the SPIRIT card as what connects us to the Divine. It is our beliefs and our faith.

Pipistrelle

Thanks lunalafey - that makes much more sense now!

I did the spread last night and although I haven't really worked out what it's saying yet (lots of cards!) there were definitely some cards in some positions which spoke to me right away, so it's looking pretty good. I need to spend some time trying to put it all together. I might post it in the Your Readings forum later if I get round to it :)

Thanks for posting the spread!

Pip

bassetized

This is a wonderful spread--I'm so glad lunalafey posted it!

I tried it today as my first reading with the Ironwing Tarot. It's a complex deck (for me) and a fairly large spread, so it will take me a while to work out all of the nuances. But it was apparent right away that most of the cards were right on. I particularly like the way the first name cards for PPF integrated seamlessly with the obstacle-self-ally cards, so that it was all one entity. I'm still trying to assimilate the last name line, since I drew all earth cards (I have a 5 letter last name, but that's still a lot of earth LOL). Don't think that's ever happened before and I'm a little baffled since I'm an Air/Fire mix astrologically. Maybe it's about what I need to bring into my life.

Anyway, it's a great spread and I'm grateful to be able to add it to my repertoire and to pass it on to friends.

Thanks,
bassetized

The Doc

Thank you for posting the spread, i am lloking forward to seeing the results. DO you know how common the book you found this in is as to look to see if i want to buy.

The Doc.

lunalafey

The book is easily available for it is a Llewellyn publication.

Foxyangel

How do I spilt up my name?

Hi... can you tell me how to split up my name?

Forename 6 letters
Middle name 4 letters
Surname 11 letters

I am guessing I need to use the full formal version of my name which this is?

Thanks for your help
foxy;)

Emeraldgirl

lunalafey - What a great spread. Definately going to try this one :D