Suicide

FaireMaiden

{{{Solitaire*}}}

My husband's story is a bit different... His 2nd wife was quite an accomplished woman... A horse-trainer by trade, intuitive, beautiful, a member of Mensa... smart beyond belief... Alas, in her mid-30's, she was diagnosed with a progressive, intermittent paranoid schizophrenia... After 3 years, she took her own life...

When I met my future husband, and he told me this story, I asked the cards to show me something about her suicide... I got the 2 of Swords reversed, the Queen of Swords, and the Wheel of Fortune reversed...

I took this to mean that she was quite lucid in making the decision to end her life... a life that, for her, had become quite unbearable...

WalesWoman

clarity said:
Waleswoman, could you explain why the 4 of cups and 7 of cups?
7 Cups mainly for possibly delusional/illusional sort of thinking, unclear of what is or why, also often the person isn't thinking clearly be it from depression, drug or alcohol use abuse. Often I think that it's like RWS, where the person is looking at all the aspects of their life as something out of reach and beyond them. There is an imaginary quality to this, it could be imagining how sorry everyone will be when they are gone, contemplation of how they would do it and that sort of thing. But mainly I think that their perceptions are off, so they aren't seeing what they need to see and not focused on what is really going on, just how they react to it.

4 Cups because it seems so melancholy, disinterested, focused inward and not really seeing the joys and opportunities life has to offer... to me it is one of the most depressing cards I've ever seen. It's like nothing has anymore meaning and they have given up trying and don't want to try any longer... like they are backed up against a wall and are beaten down.

intuitivecupqueen

A reading I did after a friend came so close to commiting it

A few years ago and this whole scary night ensued (and I'm so glad she's still alive) but I did a reading afterwards and drew these cards. Several of them, I think, relate to suicide.

I used a celtic cross spread and got these cards
1) (reversed) the star
2) the fool
3) queen of cups
4) ace of cups
5) king of swords
6) (reversed) 6 of swords
7) the sun
8) the moon
9( knight of cups
10) (reversed) justice

The one that really resonated with me the most was the reversed star which to me hits the emotional sense of utter hopelessness and despair. Thirteen's section on reversals for that one really nailed the feelings of suicide.

I also noticed the moon, and the reversed 6 of swords and reversed justice.

Grizabella

5 of Cups as well---dwelling on what isn't and ignorning what is.

Hidden

Judgement, 10 of Sword, The Devil, 9 and 10 of Swords, The Moon, The Tower.

Those sound like good candidates?

re-pete-a

Why not the 3 swords,this depicts emotional disturbances,plus 10swords or temperance Rv,to us rep's misfortune,(drowning?) the Tower perhaps leaping,Justice Rv by cutting,5wands as assault,,,,,,,,oh dear,,,,,I've pro readings tomorrow.....Intuit a client etc?????
________
Mercedes-Benz W111

blackroseivy

10 of Swords ^, Death v (reversed) - sound about right? & then throw in maybe Temperance v as well?

re-pete-a

10 swords Rv? Maybe,except the fingers show a sign that represents to us knowing knowledge, in our understanding the Overthrow of negetive forces,>Perhaps "Got over it" but was contemplating on it.??
________
****tubw

clarity

WalesWoman said:
7 Cups mainly for possibly delusional/illusional sort of thinking, unclear of what is or why, also often the person isn't thinking clearly be it from depression, drug or alcohol use abuse. Often I think that it's like RWS, where the person is looking at all the aspects of their life as something out of reach and beyond them. There is an imaginary quality to this, it could be imagining how sorry everyone will be when they are gone, contemplation of how they would do it and that sort of thing. But mainly I think that their perceptions are off, so they aren't seeing what they need to see and not focused on what is really going on, just how they react to it.

4 Cups because it seems so melancholy, disinterested, focused inward and not really seeing the joys and opportunities life has to offer... to me it is one of the most depressing cards I've ever seen. It's like nothing has anymore meaning and they have given up trying and don't want to try any longer... like they are backed up against a wall and are beaten down.

Thanks for clarifying! I wouldn't have thought these cards but yeah that does sound very depressing.