What is your favorite tarot deck??

firefrost

Got to fly the flag for 'comfy slippers' Original Rider Waite. That aside, the Victorian Fairy tarot is the only one I've been using for some time.

Ron521

Out of the dozen or so decks I own, I find myself most comfortable with the "Universal Waite", by Mary Hanson-Roberts....I think it is closest to what Pamela Coleman Smith was trying for, but could not achieve given the printing technology of 1912.

Penthasilia

The Arto. Weird as I would have never thought it to be a majors only deck- but this one...pure magic.

There are many I love to use- this one is my favorite. Maybe it was the longing of wanting it for so many years and finally getting it, maybe it is because it just roars with energy- who knows? But, yes, perhaps not my most used, but definitely my favorite.

Green Faerie

Got to fly the flag for 'comfy slippers' Original Rider Waite. That aside, the Victorian Fairy tarot is the only one I've been using for some time.

I am always glad to see some more love for the Victorian Fairy Tarot! It was my first deck, the one I chose for myself because it felt right in every way, and it is still my absolute favorite. :)

RiverRunsDeep

So interesting to see everyone's faves. :)

Mine is the Bohemian Gothic Tarot.

Prism

I can only answer for right now, when I am loving the Fantastic Menagerie.

bonebeach

I love this question! It's so delightfully subjective! Not "what's your best reading deck?" or "what's your prettiest deck?" Just straight up emotional response favorite. Beautiful.

Oddly enough, I think my distressed edition Zirkus Magi. It's not the best fit to my reading style; it's not the deck I travel with the most (that's my distressed 1880 Soprafino). It's not really my top contender in any particular way, and I'm not sure it would be my one and only deck choice in a desert island hypothetical, but...

It's my favorite. Just in some general, comfortable, delighted way...it's my favorite.

firefrost

I am always glad to see some more love for the Victorian Fairy Tarot! It was my first deck, the one I chose for myself because it felt right in every way, and it is still my absolute favorite. :)

I liked it for some time before I bought it. I stopped buying my 'fad' decks a long time ago, and was determined to be 100% sure I would use it. It hasn't disappointed!

Achlys

Favorites:

Alice Tarot
Thoth
Deviant Moon
Joie de Vivre
Fountain Tarot
Bosch
Silhouettes
City Mystic NYC Edition