Tarot on Torchwood - Wow

Aerin

Lillie said:
Yes.
You were right.

I saw it again tonight and listened carefully.
She spoke in the past tense, as you say.
She also said "I'm sorry for your loss"

Is that the loss of someone else... or the loss of Donna...

I'm thinking her name may hold a clue too. Is Donna short for anything? The Noble bit is telling. It's also close-ish to dona nobis (pacem).... grant us (peace).

What we need is a spread.... with the missing Tarot cards.

Aerin

ps want to keep David T. for the moment. Eye candy. Great actor. 'Nuff said.

Dean

Well a very highly enjoyable ending to the Doctors Finale, the new Davros really lived up to the hype of his return to the series, and as some have already guessed there was no new Doctor but the end of his current companion Donna, which was abit of a shame really she was great in this series.

Oh well looking forward to next season's Doctor who.;)

Goldenhair

Dean said:
Me neither,

I was just remembering some of the old Dr who's and it was established in The Deadly Assassin (1976) that a Time Lord can regenerate twelve times before permanently dying - a total of thirteen incarnations.

In the 1996 television movie the Eighth Doctor explicitly said that a Time Lord has "thirteen lives".

So what of the new Dr who series will this still mean that another 3 or 4 regenerated Doctor's will be still happening, i think we don't need to worry about the present Doctor i was told he will be in next seasons after all.:)

In the episode called "The Five Doctors", from the classic series, I believe the Time Lords summond the Master and offered him a new series of regenerations if he would be willing to help the Doctor. Of course, he didn't get them but with scifi anything is possible!!

Dean

Goldenhair said:
In the episode called "The Five Doctors", from the classic series, I believe the Time Lords summond the Master and offered him a new series of regenerations if he would be willing to help the Doctor. Of course, he didn't get them but with scifi anything is possible!!

Hi Gh

Yes i think there will be many more regenarations to happen before the final end of Doctor who, i don't know if you know much about Russel T D the producer of the show, he was talking on a breakfast show last week and even said there will be hundreds of regenerations alot more then what the old classic's have said.

Dean

New Torchwood series 3

Julie Gardner TV producer has confirmed that a third series of Torchwood has been commissioned and that it will be unlike anything we have seen before!

That's not the only thing that will be new about the series - Torchwood will have a brand new producer, Peter Bennett, who has previously worked on Torchwood and on Doctor Who as well as 'The Mummy', 'A View to a Kill' and 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom'. current series.

Production on the new series will start in August, i can't wait.;)

silverwings94

I just finished watching Part 1 of the Season Finale of Dr. Who.That hour went by so fast it seems like it didn't happen. I've tried not to read the threads here this way I would be surprized.I hope that they bring back Torchwood and Sarah Jane Chronicles this fall.
It would also be great if the Brigidere would show up to.I noticed that the Dr is regenerating again but in the clips for next week Its David Tennet not a new one.I'm going to have to tape it next week cause I'll be working till midnight and won't be able to see it .
Darn.

Dean

silverwings94 said:
I just finished watching Part 1 of the Season Finale of Dr. Who.That hour went by so fast it seems like it didn't happen. I've tried not to read the threads here this way I would be surprized..

There has been a few spoilers but they haven't really given away to much of the story, i thought part 1 of the finale was well done and also the new Davros was very well acted, i won't say what happens in part 2 but there are a few more surprises yet.

silverwings94 said:
I hope that they bring back Torchwood and Sarah Jane Chronicles this fall.
It would also be great if the Brigidere would show up to.I noticed that the Dr is regenerating again but in the clips for next week Its David Tennet not a new one.I'm going to have to tape it next week cause I'll be working till midnight and won't be able to see it .
Darn.

The BBC have confirmed that there will be a new TW series being made this year, and also a new SJA which is going to be aired in the autumn.

silverwings94

Thanks Dean for the heads up. We just love watching these and have since they first started. Like I said way back, I had every episode of Dr. Who on VHS and they got ruined. I am so heartbroken,but I can't afford to replace them.
I'm looking forward to next weeks episode. I do have to tape it but at least I'll have it.
S

silverwings94

Last night we finally sat down to watc the season finale of Dr. Who.It was totally awesome. I cried at the end. It was so great to see Donna as the Doctor but sad that she has to leave.
With Rose finally able to be with the Doctor was also a moment for the kleenex. Her dream finallt coming true.
It will be very interesting to see who the Dooctor chooses for his companion next season.

card_shark

Goldenhair said:
Yes, do not fear -- it is possible for a Time Lord to be granted a new cycle of regenerations, as the High Council of Time Lords has been demonstrated to exercise control over regeneration. At the end of "The War Games," the High Council forced the Doctor to regenerate into his Third incarnation.

Also, after the Master had regenerated for his 12th time, he attempted to steal the Doctor's remaining regenerations -- which means such a thing is possible! In the TV movie the Master was seemingly killed, but the High Coucil resurrected him and gave him a new Time Lord body complete with regeneration powers. In addition, during "The Trial of a Time Lord" epic, the Valeyard wished to have the Doctor executed so that he could claim the Doctor's remaining incarnations.

The main problem for the Doctor: The High Council and Gallifrey no longer exist! So the technology/knowledge to do this would seem to be lost. Or is it...