Tarot on Torchwood - Wow

card_shark

philebus said:
They've never been very consistent regarding the number of regenerations, there was one Baker episode (Brain of Morbius, I think - I hope I don't sound too geeky now) that featured a mental duel, revealing past faces pre-dating William Hartnel's. They aren't about to kill the goose that lays the golden egg, the re-generations will just keep on and on for as long as they show can.

I had heard that the reason for next year's season consisting of just three feature length stories was that Tennant couldn't commit to a full year and they wanted to keep him on board for the following year. So, which is the red herring, this or the cliff-hanger? We'll just have to wait for Saturday.
You are correct, it was in "The Brain of Morbius," but I've always believed that those other faces reflected previous incarnations of the Time Lord Morbius, not the Doctor!

Tennant is performing the title role in the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of "Hamlet," so that is why he is unavailable to shoot a full season right now. However, considering there will be a 60-minute Christmas special (already filmed) and four "movies," at least there will be more than a little Who on our screens in 2009, and a full series in 2010.

Dean

card_shark said:
there will be a 60-minute Christmas special (already filmed) and four "movies," at least there will be more than a little Who on our screens in 2009, and a full series in 2010.

That filming of that special was done at a local graveyard site very near where i live, i didn't realise this until the following day when i read it in my local news paper but some people here did see some actual filming of that episode, they said there was actors dressed in victorian clothing and without giving away to much there was also some Cybermen walking around.:)

card_shark

Dean said:
That filming of that special was done at a local graveyard site very near where i live, i didn't realise this until the following day when i read it in my local news paper but some people here did see some actual filming of that episode, they said there was actors dressed in victorian clothing and without giving away to much there was also some Cybermen walking around.:)
I'd heard about that -- and even saw a fan-taken photograph on the web of a Cyberman clomping through fake snow. It looks like an exciting story. I'm looking forward to the Victorian setting.

card_shark

Satori said:
I love Torchwood!
I must be the only American I know ~ahem~ that watches this!! I keep asking people...do you watch Torchwood...and well no one has even heard of it.
I'm an American and I love Torchwood -- almost as much as I LOVE Doctor Who. Nothing outranks the Doctor with me!

Just to keep this (somewhat) on topic: I was intrigued to see the little girl with the tarot cards appear in both 1899 and 2008 looking exactly the same. I guess it's safe to assume she's not just a little girl. Perhaps another appearance is... in the cards?

Dean

philebus said:
The tarot reader turned up again in last night's episode - in Victorian England, which is probably a bit of an anachronism.

Yes i've wondered about this too, the story hasn't really explained about the little girl so i would assume another dimensional time link going on there?

I wonder if we will see her again in the new series, has anyone here had any info about the little girls Tarot prop deck that she uses, i had sent an email to BBC Wales i had a reply back saying that they were unable to help with my enquires.

card_shark

Dean said:
I wonder if we will see her again in the new series, has anyone here had any info about the little girls Tarot prop deck that she uses, i had sent an email to BBC Wales i had a reply back saying that they were unable to help with my enquires.
Since the deck featured a likeness of Jack (was it the Knight of Swords?), I would assume the cards were created by the art department specifically for use on-air, so I wouldn't expect any sets to be available. Sadly.

Dean

Anybody been watching the new announcement of tne new Doctor for series 5, he is called Matt Smith a 26 old actor i just saw him on BBC1, not really what i was expecting abit young for the role i think, but i think he could be good for the coming new series.

philebus

He's not the one I really wanted to see do it - far too young. I had liked the idea of Patterson Joseph in the role, I remember when I first saw him in Neverwhere and honestly think he would have been the best choice.

Dean

philebus said:
He's not the one I really wanted to see do it - far too young. I had liked the idea of Patterson Joseph in the role

Ah yes i had also wanted to see Patterson in the role, that would of been so interesting too see, there was actually some news reports of the Doctor being played by a female that would of been great to see.

card_shark

Dean said:
has anyone here had any info about the little girls Tarot prop deck that she uses, i had sent an email to BBC Wales i had a reply back saying that they were unable to help with my enquires.
Good news: If you can lay your hands on a copy of the October 2008 TORCHWOOD official magazine, there is a story about series concept artist Ian Bunting, who created the little girl's tarot cards. Best of all, one-half of the centerfold features color reproductions of all six of the cards he created! The images themselves are about 4 3/4 inches tall and 2 1/8 wide, and then there would be additional room for a thin green border. Someone with a steady hand (unfortunately that's not me) could cut them out and have some nice display items.
I wish I had the ability to scan them, but alas...