Picking up the cards that you want

Dartellus

Hi!

This is a very curious question, but i think that, somewhat, is interesting.

I noticed that when i read for myself, specially about other people, some results are the opposite of some readings that i get from people in the same topics.
It look like something trivial that the readings looks different, but i'm starting to think that i'm picking the cards that i want for the reading.

For an example, if i read about as someone sees me or feels towards me, and get the "Queen of cups", this might be good. This happened to me, in a reading regarding two person feelings towards me and the queen came, two times, in three weeks. At the same time, one of these readings twice the 8 of swords came as someone see me. And twice came the Ace of swords as me.
But the reading of some people were the complete opposite of my reading, about both people.
Well, some were close, but a lot of readings were totally the opposite.

I know that this is normal, but i'm kinda suspecting of something, that i'm, maybe using the intuition, choosing the cards that i pick for the reading in certain areas. Because in some of these readings i do wanted to see a result (Or was hopping for) and the result matched.
What do you people think? Do you think it's possible to pick the cards, by intuition, that you wanted in a specific position?
Did this ever happened with someone here?

If yes. what you people have done to control this kind o situation? Reading for other people is no problem, it justs flows very well.

Thanks for the help!

nisaba

I shuffle the cards, cut them, then peel the cards off the top. I don't have to make decisions about what cards to "pick", the cards arrange themselves in the correct order on top of the deck. Why not try something like that? That way you don't have to live with the anxiety of worrying about it. :)

cozmo0_4

This has been happening to me a lot. Getting more of the same cards than usual. I cleared my cards, reorganised them, shuffled for around half an hour (just watching TV with no thoughts), when I went back to them, got many of the same cards again. My neighbour came over and she pulled very different cards.
I think I'm meant to be getting these cards at the moment, in my opinion.

Grizabella

I do the same thing nisaba does----shuffle, cut and take the cards off the top of the deck. That eliminates my need to choose from a fan or anything like that.

Sometimes when reading in person I have the sitter choose from a fan, though. It just depends on what feels like the right thing to do.

SwordOfTruth

I often doubt what I pull for myself if the reading tends towards wish fulfillment but nothing else in my reality really does. I get a bit dubious either on the results or the way I'm interpreting them. In those cases I like to hand the same question over to another reader and see what cards they draw on the subject and what their interpretation is.

- Often they will draw similar cards but have a different take on what it means
- Sometimes they will draw completely different cards, and my suspicions seem to be confirmed.
- Sometimes my energy gets so stuck that I will draw the same cards regardless of the question which is really confusing but telling me that there is some urgent thing I need to attend to that transcends my present fixation with whatever question.