Ways of learning tarot...

alegna

I've been wondering...

Why 3-cards spread?

Aren't they supposed to be something like Past-Present-Future thing?

Sorry but I think I'm still stuck in the snow, blocking access to the big house of tarot here... Hehe...

Sulis

alegna said:
I've been wondering...

Why 3-cards spread?

Aren't they supposed to be something like Past-Present-Future thing?

Sorry but I think I'm still stuck in the snow, blocking access to the big house of tarot here... Hehe...

Hijacking the thread a bit here but here goes:

3 card spreads don't have to be Past Present Future - they can be many, many things.
Most of the readings I do involve 3-4 cards - I find that almost any question can be answered 3 cards and you get a better understanding of the cards when you first start out by trying to get the most out of each card (something most beginners don't do when trying to tackle a large spread such as the Celtic Cross).
With 3 cards, you can use no position meanings at all if you like, just look at things like which way the characters are facing etc and read what you see or you can use position meanings - anything you like really.
Here are some examples of some three card spreads:

Past, Present, Future
Mind, Body, Spriit,
Problem, Advice, outcome
The Situtation, what's blocking you, Advice / what you can do about it,
Option 1, Something to consider, Option 2
The situation, the veil (what is hidden), advice
Present, near future, further future
Focus (what the reading is about), Where your current path is taking you, An alternate course of action

The possibilities are endless - try some, you'll be surprised.

alegna

Sulis said:
Hijacking the thread a bit here but here goes:

3 card spreads don't have to be Past Present Future - they can be many, many things.
Most of the readings I do involve 3-4 cards - I find that almost any question can be answered 3 cards and you get a better understanding of the cards when you first start out by trying to get the most out of each card (something most beginners don't do when trying to tackle a large spread such as the Celtic Cross).
With 3 cards, you can use no position meanings at all if you like, just look at things like which way the characters are facing etc and read what you see or you can use position meanings - anything you like really.
Here are some examples of some three card spreads:

Past, Present, Future
Mind, Body, Spriit,
Problem, Advice, outcome
The Situtation, what's blocking you, Advice / what you can do about it,
Option 1, Something to consider, Option 2
The situation, the veil (what is hidden), advice
Present, near future, further future
Focus (what the reading is about), Where your current path is taking you, An alternate course of action

The possibilities are endless - try some, you'll be surprised.

Woo.. I din noe....
Thank you so much for your advice.. :)