General Oracles Study Group

Winterchild

Yes!

I love all the ideas..... I am adding this to my watched threads so I don't miss anything but please add me to any PM lists you may start.

I would probably like to swap Oracles on a monthly basis as I have a few and I never really use them, I always turn to Tarot. Mine have usually been gifted and some look so good... I have Earth Spirit, Dragonfae, Ogham, Druid Animal and Plant (old copies from trades..) and Medicine Cards which I used to use a lot.... so many to choose from. Oh I have also Froud's Faery oracle on order, as I got on so well with it when I borrowed a copy for an exchange!

DragonFae

Yes I think changing on a monthly basis would work. :) I just figured if we switched each week we wouldn't really get to know a deck and might pick a deck based on the topic of the week....not that its necessarily a bad thing...

I might not be able to committ to a deck for a whole year either now that you mention it....I have committment issues...LOL

kmartin60

I would love to join in! I think this would be extremely helpful in advancing my understanding
of the oracle decks (No matter what specific deck it is)~

DragonFae

Welcome kmartin60! Glad to have you...we are gathering weekly topics so if you have any to throw out...just post them...my goal is to create a list to use throughout the year.

Winterchild

yay K !!

Good to see you here KM ..... I was thinking of you earlier!!

kmartin60

OK how about type of topic simular to where you were comparing all the Queens between the 2 Froud decks? Like which cards infere creativity? Alpha male (The magician archatype) or their counterparts in the tarot side of things? Legal matters, spiritual, heart/romance etc...
So many area of life that one could chose from! jobs, family, hobbys, past lives, karma,
etc etc....

What each card "Spoke" to us when we first laid eyes on it? Like the Froud books suggests: which do we like? Why? Which do you dislike and again reason...things like that maybe?

Does this make any sense? Or am I rambling? ROFLMBO Going and grabbing unknown decks and just gonna "dump" them on table.......

(OMG what a mess Im gonna make~)

DragonFae

Good ideas...I'll add them to our list....anyone else interested in joining us...it's okay if you can't do every week.

DragonFae

I've started a thread for October info... :) :)

magpie9

I have a terrible history with study groups...I fall off, and then feel bad about it. I'm erratic, but I mean well. I have a few Oracles I would really like to know better, they just sit around and rot, and this seems like such a good idea, including the monthly deck change. If nobody minds all that, I'd like to join.

DragonFae

magpie9...i know what you mean....I am horrid with long term committments but I am going to try really hard this time. :)

You are welcome. Participate as much as you can. :). I actually think mixing up the decks every month or every quarter can be good for those of us that can't seem to stay with something for a long period of time. :)