Grand Jeu Lenormand

firecatpickles

Is there a study group for the 54-card deck, Grand Jeu Lenormand? If there is, where is it? If not, anyone interested in joining one if I create it?

Ruby Jewel

Is there a study group for the 54-card deck, Grand Jeu Lenormand? If there is, where is it? If not, anyone interested in joining one if I create it?

I would join. I can't seem to find a book on the cards...how do you propose we go about this?

firecatpickles

We can look at each individual card as a start, maybe like a weekly study on each one?

Ruby Jewel

We can look at each individual card as a start, maybe like a weekly study on each one?

I'm ready when you are. But, I think we need some kind of structure in looking at the card. For instance, there are the constellations, the flowers, the mythologies. What sort of spreads are used for this deck? Do we each take one thing and research it? I wonder if there is a precedent or some kind of format on here for studying this deck.

Barleywine

There is an existing Lenormand Study Group thread, but it only shows two study groups, one (Sylvie Steinbach) inactive and another (Rana George) not updated recently that was being run by my predecessor, Lee. If you get something going, I will link it in the index.

firecatpickles

Thank you Barleywine!

I found this as an interesting resource:

lemegeton.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/the-grand-lenormand-in-rough-translation-3/

It answers some of the questions you had.

Also, to structure our study group, maybe taking on one category at a time would be helpful. It would also be easier for Barleywine to categorize for us.

Ruby Jewel

Thank you Barleywine!

I found this as an interesting resource:

lemegeton.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/the-grand-lenormand-in-rough-translation-3/

It answers some of the questions you had.

Also, to structure our study group, maybe taking on one category at a time would be helpful. It would also be easier for Barleywine to categorize for us.

Yes, it would be downright awesome if Barleywine joins in here. I'll check out the wordpress link and get back.

Ruby Jewel

I looked at the link and it seems like it would be a good source for study. Was it ever completed....meaning all the cards covered and the links to that available? Maybe a good way to begin is to do a 3-card triangle spread as shown. One of us could ask a question and do the 3-card spread and then we could try to interpret it using the wordpress link.

Also, we could get Barleywine to connect us with the Rana George link and see how she suggests it be done. I wonder if Rana George has a book on this deck...

Barleywine

Looks like the French-language deck is available for a reasonable price from Book Depository.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Grand-Jeu-de-Mlle-Lenormand-Grimaud/9783898758017

The only other English-language source of information I could find beyond the lemegeton site is a brief explanation at learnlenormand.com. Everything else seems to be in French.

You should be able to open the link in the Study Group Index yourselves, to see how Lee set it up. As far as I know, there is no Rana George book on Le Grand Jeu cards. It might be worth looking at Mary Greer's blog to see if she has anything to say about it, or any links.

I would be happy to participate but I'm not interested in administering it. Logistics I can certainly help with.

Ruby Jewel

Looks like the French-language deck is available for a reasonable price from Book Depository.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Grand-Jeu-de-Mlle-Lenormand-Grimaud/9783898758017

The only other English-language source of information I could find beyond the lemegeton site is a brief explanation at learnlenormand.com. Everything else seems to be in French.

You should be able to open the link in the Study Group Index yourselves, to see how Lee set it up. As far as I know, there is no Rana George book on Le Grand Jeu cards. It might be worth looking at Mary Greer's blog to see if she has anything to say about it, or any links.

I would be happy to participate but I'm not interested in administering it. Logistics I can certainly help with.

When I first got this deck a couple years ago I looked for a book to study and found it was all in French...nothing in English. I once looked on Mary Greer but didn't find anything. Wouldn't hurt to look again though. I wasn't thinking you would be administering, just being a part of the study group...the more the merrier, sort of.