Two confusing conversations today regarding the Thoth

ZenMusic

I have a collection of nearly every edition of the Thoth, the images are the same (there are only minor changes by printers outside the images, some coloring variance).

I think she was looking at it as RWC and seeing the variances.

CastleCrest

I think the Thoth cards in the white box (A & B) do feel a little thicker
than other printings, but not a major difference.
I'll check later tonight & see if it's just in my mind.

t.town.troy

thorhammer said:
I don't think you need to worry ;) this is one tough damn deck. It's the one that beats up all your other decks late at night after you've gone to sleep . . . they cringe from it :laugh: It can take care of itself.

\m/ Kat
I love this; thanks for bringing a smile to my face today!

Chiska

thorhammer said:
I don't think you need to worry ;) this is one tough damn deck. It's the one that beats up all your other decks late at night after you've gone to sleep . . . they cringe from it :laugh: It can take care of itself.

\m/ Kat

Definitely explains why the Legends: Arthurian is usually huddled, crying, in the corner of the Tarot box. Perhaps I should move my Thoth to a separate box? :)

Lillie

Card thickness.

yes.

Different thickness's.

I have an old USG and a later USG greenie (both what would be called white box C). The difference in the thickness of the cards is very noticeable.

And put the two decks side by side and and you can see how different they are.

Apart from that the cards are the same size (height/width) and that also is the same with the older Llewellyn/Weiser editions. Same height/width.

The white edges round the backs on modern decks make them look smaller than the older decks where the backs went right up to the edge.
There is really no difference in the card size, but the back image is, of course, smaller and it can be deceptive.

Also, on some of the very old decks in the 2 part boxes some cards are faded (printer error rather than age) or double printed.
If hers was like this then a modern deck could indeed have looked 'changed' to her.

Cerulean

This sampling might help

http://www.tarotgarden.com/library/decks/thothtable.php

I did get a few oldish decks some time (years) ago, except last year I bought a used light-blue bordered that has colors that appear really faded in spots, sometimes really dark in other in some pictures.

If I had a greenish or light-blue bordered Llewellyn older deck that I was used to read from, there would be quite a change to me from the U.S. Games ones out there. Yes, the card stock feels thicker to me in the older decks.

The newer ones by U.S. Games are slippery and thinner in feel. To me.

My first Thoth was a blue-boxed AG Mueller print and it was the large size. The copyright that appears on the deck face has changed since my first deck.

Perhaps everything from a color shift from one of the older Llewellyn decks to a slippery feel can make one think the cards have really 'changed.'

Best,

Cerulean