The Book of the Law Study Group 2.57

Always Wondering

Revelation 22:11 said:
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

I think this actually helps me a little to understand this verse. I think it must be about true will.

AW

thorhammer

Always Wondering said:
I think this actually helps me a little to understand this verse. I think it must be about true will.

AW
I'd agree - that those words (filthy, righteous, etc) are value judgements based on social norms and that if that's how your True Will commands you, then "no other shall say nay."

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
I'd agree - that those words (filthy, righteous, etc) are value judgements based on social norms and that if that's how your True Will commands you, then "no other shall say nay."
Yes, that's how I see it. Value judgements have nothing to do with the True Will. The Will is what it is and not otherwise. אהיה אשר אהיה - I am that I am. But the norms of society urge conformity, so you've got two choices. You can wear the Crown and remain true to yourself, heedless of the mockery of "others". Or you can be a docile little lamb trying to live the lie called "fitting in". Despite the fact that it's usually a case of a square peg in a round hole, but at least it's peaceful...

It brings to mind a somewhat provocative statement made by Gerald del Campo in his book, New Aeon Magick. (p.30)
In this context a prostitute who is so because she is doing her Will, is more "pure" than a chaste woman whose nature is unbridled passion.

Impurity is a loss of control, a straying from ones True Path that can only be corrected by self-knowledge. Impurity comes from the phenomenon of attempting to overide one's own inner nature.
To thine own self be true.