"Earth-Centered" Decks

Barleywine

I've been looking for a strongly "Earth-centered" (for lack of a better term) deck for some time, something in the European druidic/pagan/wiccan tradition that meets my three imperatives: strong art and color, deep symbolism, and uniqueness. At first glance, the Gaian seems a bit too pastel and "cute" for me, and the Well-Worn Path appears to be OOP. Perhaps the Wildwood, which I see is available again, would serve. An oracle deck would be OK too. I'm not interested, at least at present, in shamanistic or "native culture" decks. I've waded through the Decks pages here a few times, but the sheer volume of decks is daunting. Does anyone have suggestions along these lines?

RunningWild

The Wildwood, as you've already mentioned, is one that immediately came to mind. A couple others you might consider are The Druidcraft and The Tarot of Trees. The Tarot of Trees has no depictions of people in it at all and is small enough that I carry it with me daily.

Middy1452

Voice of the Trees is a deck that springs to mind. It's by the same artist as the The Hidden Path and the Well Worn Path. It's based on the Celtic Ogham.

Carla

Buy the Druid Plant Oracle and the Druid Animal Oracle and shuffle them together into one giant deck. I trimmed mine, so that is an option for you if they seem too big. The great thing is both decks are cheap and widely available.

I also recommend Druidcraft Tarot.

Sulis

Out of the decks I own I'd recommend DruidCraft and The World Spirit Tarot.

Cerulean

Druid Animal Oracle, Celtic Wisdom, Wildwood

Druid Animal Oracle and Wildwood go well together.

Celtic Wisdom is lovely in a big, folksy way, the art is lovely and large. I think it will be unique and different.

Deep oil colors or rich and dark use of earthy colored pastels are intense and brilliant...the softer Gaian does look like lighter Spring palette which I agree, does not makes me think of shadowy forests.

Cerulean

I've been looking for a strongly "Earth-centered" (for lack of a better term) deck for some time, something in the European druidic/pagan/wiccan tradition that meets my three imperatives: strong art and color, deep symbolism, and uniqueness. At first glance, the Gaian seems a bit too pastel and "cute" for me, and the Well-Worn Path appears to be OOP. Perhaps the Wildwood, which I see is available again, would serve. An oracle deck would be OK too. I'm not interested, at least at present, in shamanistic or "native culture" decks. I've waded through the Decks pages here a few times, but the sheer volume of decks is daunting. Does anyone have suggestions along these lines?

Emily

The Tarot of the Old Path is another but it might not be what you are looking for.

Barleywine

Thanks, all! From what I have so far, the Druidcraft and the Wildwood are at the top of my list. The Celtic Wisdom tarot also looks impressive. The Tarot of the Old Path looks interesting as well since I remember the Farrars (who consulted on it) from reading "A Witches Bible Compleat" many years ago. Its colors seem a bit washed out, though; do they look stronger in hand than on-line?

Barleywine

Buy the Druid Plant Oracle and the Druid Animal Oracle and shuffle them together into one giant deck. I trimmed mine, so that is an option for you if they seem too big. The great thing is both decks are cheap and widely available.

These are beautiful. I would own them both for inspiration, never mind reading. Unless they're bigger than the large-format Thoth, I can't imagine size being a problem.

Emily

The Tarot of the Old Path looks interesting as well since I remember the Farrars (who consulted on it) from reading "A Witches Bible Compleat" many years ago. Its colors seem a bit washed out, though; do they look stronger in hand than on-line?

The scans on here do make it look very pale, my deck is in storage but I seem to remember it being darker in the hand, one of the things I loved about it was the colours. :)