Mary El Tarot - Two of Wands

Bat Chicken

http://www.mary-el.com/wands1.html

Two trees out of the darkness immediately make me think of Virgil and Dante’s journey through the 7th circle of Hell in the Inferno. The trees have two large faces, but the trunk seems to be made up of undulating figures. Little sparks, fireflies? Souls? Seem to hover at the top and the base of the sleeping tree.

The unknown of the journey ahead is emphasized by the darkness beyond the two trees.

Thoughts?

Debra

Yes, it's some kind of gateway or portal.

Milfoil

The two faces look as though they are sleeping, a reuse perhaps? Or is this just a winter snoooze and the sparks in the branches and roots the energy of spring eager to burst forth? The whole image suggests a pensive time of expectation and waiting for something to awaken. Beyond is the dark of unknown landscapes, perhaps a new venture as yet unformed but the first step has been taken. A sleeping, dreaming time where ideas are nurtured but not yet put into practice.

cSpaceDiva

In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight, and all I see is him and me, forever and forever. (On My Own, Les Misérables)

There are several faces and figures in the trees (flesh) with points of light (soul) scattered around. The two trees represent this and every other duality. They also form a doorway. Every doorway is a decision, are you in or are you out? And yet there is so much opportunity for entanglement, to become stuck at the threshold while learning to balance and integrate. It is only when we have balanced and become centered that we can pass through unimpeded.

Michellehihi

What I saw were 2 old friends who are close to each other for so long that their roots and branches unify.
This image also reminds me that when at times we seem to be sterile, with creative blocks, or depressed or just inactive, no matter if we bear leaves and fruits or not, we are still alive.

yourwildlifecoaching

2 of Wands

I really love the William Blake quote in the book ( "In the Universe, there are things that are known, and things that are unknown, and in between, there are doors.") This reminds me of a lot of Neil Gaiman's works; so many of his stories involve doors of some sort or another.

Amigone

I really love the William Blake quote in the book ( "In the Universe, there are things that are known, and things that are unknown, and in between, there are doors.") This reminds me of a lot of Neil Gaiman's works; so many of his stories involve doors of some sort or another.

It's the whole premise of Neverwhere :)