Tarot of Prague - General Comments

Ruby7

Gardener said:
I think I would like to second the motion for a card a week. A card a day is a lovely thought, but not all lovely thoughts are realistic goals. Would people like to each draw their own card for the week, or is there interest in someone drawing a card and the rest of us posting about that card? Or maybe we could start a "Card A Week" thread? That way we can each draw our own card but we can still comment on each other's draws. I vote for that! And I think baba-prague should join in, with her own weekly draw.

Whaddya'll say?

A card a week is a great idea!! I'd be interested in taking turns drawing the card and each of us posting (adding on) about the same card. I like the idea of us all focusing on the same card and think it wouldn't be so overwhelming. I'm in either way :)

Ruby7

Jewel-ry

Ruby7 said:
A card a week is a great idea!! I'd be interested in taking turns drawing the card and each of us posting (adding on) about the same card. I like the idea of us all focusing on the same card and think it wouldn't be so overwhelming. I'm in either way :)

Ruby7

That sounds good! What shall we do if we pull a card that has already been discussed? Just add to the old thread or start a new one. In some ways I think it would be better to add to the old threads because that keeps them all in one place. What do you all think?

~

baba-prague

I think a card a week would be great. A card a day would be too much for me too, but one a week sounds about right - means that there is a proper chance to respond and think about each.

Posting bits of the book is fine by me (take out any typos you find, the book wasn't proof-read as well as the BBCats book - although it did go through a proof-reader, but well, long story, he had just fallen in love and was not really on the same planet... :) ). I will also try to add anything new and worthwhile. Mostly I'd like to read and listen as much as talk and post though.

I would be inclined to add to any existing threads as yes, it's nice to keep it in one place - and former posts can be very good to re-read.

This will be really good I think - thanks for the suggestion.

Gardener

Yippeee, we're going to do a Card-a-week with Tarot of Prague, yippeeeee!

I will humbly, oh so humbly, suggest that someone draw a card on Saturday (because this is Saturday), and if the card has already been started in the Cafe Club, just pick up that thread. If not, we can start a new thread for the card. The rest of us can find it because we'll post it here! Also, it will probably be the newest post in the study group, right?

Because I am full of excessive energy (two cups of coffee), I will post one now. We can take turns posting them, I've made a list...

Jewel-ry
TheLovers2
Maks
baba-prague
Helvetica
Temperance Angel
Ruby7

Agree? Disagree? Shoot the messenger?

annik

Would be fun! And as I was looking up, there was a few cards we haven't looked upon yet. It would be a good thing to finish it all up in the same occasion.

maks

Agree? Disagree? Shoot the messenger?

I happily agree, Gardener. Are you thinking of starting today or waiting until the new year?

Maks

Gardener

Oh, I think we should start now, now, now!

Shuffle.

Drop cards.

Hm, I think maybe that third cup of coffee was a bad idea.

Collect cards.

Shuffle, cut, draw.

**drumrollllllllll please**

Knight of Swords!!!!

I see we have an existing thread, so I'm going to add to that...

baba-prague

Knight of Swords? Please tell me you are joking! No, you aren't - it's the deck having a laugh (which it does frequently). This is the "OH NO" card for me and Alex. It's the one that we could NOT do - the deck was almost published with no Knight of Swords, it was that hard for us - we tried many things and none of them worked. The one day, I realised that all along it had to be the scary but oh-so-effective Duke Wallenstein. About whom we were recently told a story. His BATHROOM was a Gothic grotto - complete with demons, snakes etc. A lady who is works at his palace told us, she has been into the bathroom (I wish she'd take us). Anyway, I digress, but it gives you an idea of what a strange and imaginative man he was. Flaming red hair too. Believed passionately in horoscopes.

Okay, I'll stop here and go and find the right thread.

I do mean it though, Tarot of Prague has a wicked sense of humour.

maks

What excitement! I pulled the Knight of Swords to study for the next few days. I used a magnifying glass to study the faces (I'm of that age), and I see the horse is laughing! Then I looked into the face of Wallenstein, and he stared right back at me. Took me by surprise. He is definitely not going to get off his horse and have a chat. I'm going to have to trot along side... More later.

Maks

Hah! Baba-prague! You created this wondrous deck and now it has a mind of its own. Isn't that the way life goes? Or was this a deck waiting for you to create to spring to life? I love the background information you give. Please continue.

Jewel-ry

Going off to pull out my card now. This is really good because in effect we have a week in which to really digest the card. Great idea!

Since I am next on the list, I will probably need someone to send me a gentle reminder to pull the next card, next Saturday. Feel free to pm me someone :)

~