Tarot of Prague café club 9 of swords

annik

A desperate woman. She seems to be on a tomb. There is 9 swords on the tombs It’s seems to be a hard time for the woman. Against her darker self? Having some fresh losses?

Vadella

I was staring at this card today. I could really feel the woman's remorse. It was very sad. [but a good thing-- as I was understanding haha] The swords together reminded me of a wrought-iron fence... the kind I have seen in front of an old church. She seems to need some comfort badly due to her mental anguish. You see off in the distance and old man with a huge, heavy sword but the calm angel steps in as if saying, "She's had enough." Maybe the Angel is the one who can come to her aid. Angels aren't always in the unknown, as we know... they can be in the form of a friend or a complete stranger. I feel as though the "fence of swords" is what also protected her. Too much sadness to endure anything more.

baba-prague

Vadella said:
You see off in the distance and old man with a huge, heavy sword but the calm angel steps in as if saying, "She's had enough." Maybe the Angel is the one who can come to her aid. Angels aren't always in the unknown, as we know... they can be in the form of a friend or a complete stranger.

When we were designing this card, we really wanted to include an element that to some extent gave hope in the midst of the grief (whether or not the grief is based in reality or hysteria, one question that usually needs to be asked about the Nine of Swords in a reading.) The angel - which is indeed "staying" the sword, is intended as that element of hope - and of compassion. Maybe it reminds us that in most situations we don't need to give way totally to angst - and it may be also that the things that feel like they are attacking us may also be halted by all sorts of agencies and influences that we don't expect.

I think I should also add that the colour of this card was very important to us when we were designing - it's the "blues" but it's also the grey of depression, and of a certain foggyness and confusion. Ironically (?) it's a beautiful colour - and although this card is not very welcome in most readings, I do think it's oddly enough one of the most beautiful that we made - perhaps this also has something significant about it?

Queen of Disks

This woman obviously is scared to death about something. She is praying as hard as she can begging God to help her. Perhaps she is at the grave of someone she knows thinking maybe he or she will help her. Tha angel in the background staying the hand of the man with the sword has heard her prayer and has come to help her. This poor woman just needs to know that everything is alright now.