Weirdest thing....

Brammetje

Hi Lillith,

did it return to you?

blackstormhawk

Yes, I have had things go mysteriously missing, and recently too! I won a copy of the Tarot of Baseball on ebay. It arrived sometime last week. I took it out of the shipping envelope, and haven't seen it since.

Perhaps I should ask either Saint Anthony or Raccoon spirit to see if they have any luck in finding it for me.

Alissa

I swear upon all that is holy, this works: Go to the spot where you last remember leaving the item, or where you last saw it before it disappeared. Say ALOUD what you are missing and why you NEED to have it back. Not that you WANT it back, but why you actually NEED that item in your life.

In under a week, the item will mysteriously appear, often in a place you already looked and are certain it didn't occupy or inhabit normally.

It's absolutely crazy, but sometimes if crazy works, stick with crazy....

shelikes2read

ravenest said:
I've found your cards! They were in the clothes dryer with my missing one socks.

But seriously, yes I have had this, cards 'disappear' only to come back 15 years later (a friend had them and I forgot!) I had a dagger do the same thing. It lived in a bag hanging on my desk chair, I checked, it was there. next day, house robbed and vandalised, dagger gone. Found the culpret, got the stuff back, no dagger. Got home, dagger back in bag! Hmmmm. maybe your cards are 'hiding' until it is safe to come out?

Don't laugh... I've sworn for eons that there's some sort of vortex in clothes dryers. But what I MEANT was that the vortex snatches the odd item OUT of the dryer.

However, not long after I was married, our NEW dryer had a vortex malfunction, and inserted a sock INTO the dryer.

I was sorting the socks and was unable to find the mate for one particular sock, a man's sock with an image of a golfer on it. I figured it must have belonged to my husband, since it certainly wasn't mine.

I looked everywhere for the partner sock, without success. So I brought the one unmatched sock to my husband and said, "I'm sorry, I can't find the other one from this pair. I've searched all over the place and it seems to be gone."

My husband looked at the sock. "What's that?"

I looked at him. "Well, it's your sock. I just dried clothes, and was trying to sort the socks. I can't find the one that matches this one."

"That's not my sock."

"Then who's is it? It's a man's sock, so it's not my sock either!"

We never did figure out where in the heck that sock came from. I figured that the vortex in the dryer must have been out of whack, since it was a relatively new dryer. It was only a few months old, so all the kinks hadn't been worked out of the little space-time warp that's installed in every dryer. ;)

So if anyone here finds some EXTRA cards in their decks, that weren't there before, remember this thread. Vortexes can go into reverse. ;)

MeeWah

Not had a Tarot deck disappear, but a regular deck of playing cards, which I used only for readings for many years since 11 years old. They went places with me; moved with me & generally went through life changes with me. I could not believe that they would disappear from the bookcase where I kept them, but never found them.

It did lead to a good thing (I think): I finally took a closer look at the RWS, which I also had & largely ignored because the regular playing cards worked so well.

Now if I could only locate a pair of missing cards, the King & Queen of Pentacles from Sacred Circle. They did a disappearing act months ago & no clue what happened to them :(

Appealing to St.Anthony has worked on occasion, but not this time.

Glass Owl

Things disappearing and reappearing with no explanation is sometimes a complaint of those who live or work in places that have paranormal activity.

If you've seen the movie, The Sixth Sense, this is one thing that causes an issue between the boy and his mother.

It's also possible that you are sleep walking and putting your cards in a strange place. One night, I was so sleep deprived that I went to put my daughter's baby bottle back in the fridge and ending up putting my glasses in there too. The next day I tore the house apart trying to find them. It wasn't until I gave up and went looking through the fridge to find something to eat (I was starving by then) that I found them.

blackstormhawk

blackstormhawk said:
Yes, I have had things go mysteriously missing, and recently too! I won a copy of the Tarot of Baseball on ebay. It arrived sometime last week. I took it out of the shipping envelope, and haven't seen it since.

Perhaps I should ask either Saint Anthony or Raccoon spirit to see if they have any luck in finding it for me.

On my bed, under the spare blankey that doesn't get much use in the summertime. Asking nicely works.

Fairawen

Alissa said:
I swear upon all that is holy, this works: Go to the spot where you last remember leaving the item, or where you last saw it before it disappeared. Say ALOUD what you are missing and why you NEED to have it back. Not that you WANT it back, but why you actually NEED that item in your life.

In under a week, the item will mysteriously appear, often in a place you already looked and are certain it didn't occupy or inhabit normally.

It's absolutely crazy, but sometimes if crazy works, stick with crazy....

I'll have to remember that. I lose stuff far too much...

Well, I myself didn't lose my deck, but there's a rather interesting story about my parents and my tarot deck...

A year or so ago, some really lovely people here on AT decided to send me decks, as I am poor and without a job, ect. Plus my parents hate tarot with a vengance, and it's very hard for me to go out and buy something without them noticing. So, the packages came... and I was thrilled beyond belief.

Unfortunatly, I forgot to wake up early one day and go check the mail first. My Dad found some tarot cards that came for me. He took the package, and I haven't seen it since.

A few weeks later, my Mom cornered me. She asked me where the box of cards was. I told her, quite honestly, that I hadn't seen them since they took them.

Well, they had gone missing.

I still don't know if my parents ever found the cards. I can always hope that their lives were spared, and they managed to escape a fiery death. *cheers loudly for cards* Who knows? Maybe, one day, I'll clean out my mom and Dad's room, and find my missing decks. That would be SO lovely!

:D

~A~

Alissa

Good luck Fairawen! :D I swear, it often works for me. Not always, but very often.... But you have to say "need" for it to work.

Azarial

I always know where all of my decks are kept, and no one touches my decks ever.

I had a Fantastical Tarot deck that up and went missing a few months ago. I have not seen it since then. I would really like to get the deck back, as I really liked it. I always referred to it as the deck that hated my guts based on a new tarot deck spread I did that basically said that it hated me, and wished evil things upon me. So I guess it just decided since I couldn't take the hint that it didn't like me, that it would just up and leave.

I really don't want to have to buy the deck again, I'm just hoping that it will come back to me.

-Pamela