Energy circle based on Crowley´s zodic

Langustl

Hi !

I´m not really able to discus this model in English, because I´m German, but I want to show it to you. I developed it, based on Crowleys thoughts about the zodiac with two loops. It´s the discussion, why number 11 and number 8 should be changed. Crowley thought about a loop, where 8 and 11 are changed. At the other end, he talks about another loop with a change of the star and the emperor. But I think, theirs a loop, where you get a change of the moon and the magician, what doesn´t really matter in the zodiac, because the magician isn´t connected to a sign of the zodiac. The modell shows all cards in relationship to each other and in relationship to the four energies. You can also say, it shows the model of a human. At the top the brain, the mind, below the body the subconscious. Maybe you can look on the two models and it will be a little clearer.

Model 1

Model 2: http://www.langustl.de/energiekreis.html

:love:

www.langustl.de

ravenest

A bit like my astro layout with Thoth (I dont do it with Rider/waite)

the 3 elemental trumps in middle for earth, the 7 planetary in actual position at the time around earth, then the zodiacal around that.

The difference in my system is I put the courts around the earth, relating to its surface, oceans and continents and the aces around the south pole. Knights ruke southern tropics, Queens equatorial and princes northern tropics, leaving Princesses for north pole.

Double loop ? Don't you mean a one sided loop ? ;)

Langustl

Thanks for answer, Ravenest !

And is it possible to have a look on your system ? And I meant a double-loop. Crowley also spoke about a change of star and emperor. If you check the thread, I put the link of in with "model1", you can find a drawing in the beginning.

LG Stephan

ravenest

Langustl said:
Thanks for answer, Ravenest !

And is it possible to have a look on your system ?

Sure. Get a Thoth deck. Lay out the Universe, Hanged Man, and Aeon in a Tau at the centre to represent the Earth.

Check an ephemeris or run a program to get the astrology (for the time you will be doing it, or another significant time).

Lay out the astrological trumps in a big circle around the other three trumps according to their position (which sign is rising or at midheaven etc).

Now place the planetary trumps in their position between the astro trumps and the earth.

Either have an eleborate stand ready or visualise a sphere around the whole 'earth' and between the planets. Aces at south pole. Knights at southerm tropics, queens at equator, princes at northern tropics and princesses around the north pole - all fixed and rotating with the earth.

The outer ring touching the astrological ring of trumps is the decans, one card every 10 degrees (so 3 to a trump) from the minor cards (2 - 10's). According to the A.C. / G.D. astrological attributions.

This will also give you dates around the circle and it can be also used for group working and analisis if each sits behind the card of their birthday and then it can be seen who is in opposition, trine, ets with each other. A card each side of your birth card can represent where you have come from and where you are going - your present card is the present.

In the search window up the top of the page type in " Princesses on the Thrones of the Aces. " or " Princesses around the north pole. "

[I cant take pics or post them here - sorry besides it's more fun doing it yourself.]
Langustl said:
And I meant a double-loop. Crowley also spoke about a change of star and emperor. If you check the thread, I put the link of in with "model1", you can find a drawing in the beginning.

LG Stephan

Sorry. I believe Crowley is outright WRONG! about this one. There is no double loop in the zodiac or even in the diagrams he shows in the Book of Thoth ... it's all an illusion!

Use the same box above and type in " Double loop in the Zodiac. "

Langustl

Hi Ravenest !

I also believe, that Crowley is wrong with the changing of star and emperor. But I also believe in a second loop, because it´s so logical. But I have to lock on theories about the zodiak more to become sure. If you want to send me a picture of your system, you can use the contact-link on my website, and I could put it in here as a link. Would be interesting for me, and I don´t get your explanation in English in my German brain, *g.

www.langustl.de/langustl.html

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Sorry. I believe Crowley is outright WRONG! about this one. There is no double loop in the zodiac or even in the diagrams he shows in the Book of Thoth ... it's all an illusion!
Awwwww..... I always liked that double loop. :(
I think it's important to bear in mind that Crowley does concur with the Golden Dawn swap - 8 Strength/Lust & 11 Justice/Adjustment. But for magical reasons Lust has to be card 11. Bingo! One loop. The only way to balance it is to make another one directly opposite. I'm sure it's just a complete fluke that it happens to be the Star and the Emperor. :laugh:

Langustl

What I think ! But what means "fluke" ? Can´t find it in my dictionary .

Aeon418

FLUKE:
1. an accidental advantage; stroke of good luck: He got the job by a fluke.
2. an accident or chance happening.
3. an accidentally successful stroke, as in billiards.

Langustl

But you can´t really transmit this second rope with star and emperor on the tarot usefully. Does Crowley give an answer to that ? I don´t think so.

Aeon418

Erm...... second rope?