Help: with Purchasing another Thoth

Cosmotaroist

thanks!

The bigger deck definately gives more energy for the readings as the details can be seen clearer

Voron

Aeon418 said:
I think they are the same cards in a different box. I bought a brand new "blue box" pocket Swiss this year (ISBN 1-57281-294-X). The cards are still sealed but I can see on the back "1996 AGMuller", and the sticker on the packet says MADE IN BELGIUM just like all USGames versions.

I just got this same deck. It has the 8 of Swords/Interference misprint. As far as colors go, while it's still not as saturated/dark/intense as the very first Thoth deck I owned (which was *actually* printed in Switzerland, and seems nobody has ever hear of), it is *definitely* better than my (circa 2001) US Games/AGMeuller Lavender-Box Standard-sized deck.
Finally I can actually stand to use it!!
To be honest, the Interference misprint isn't that big a deal to me. It's certainly on the right card.

Cosmotaroist

Yes. I hear you. I still use my "misprint" deck for divinition....its "broke in" already.....but its sad how they mass produce this Interference card.....
I use my larrger deck for studying, but i will use it soon for divinition as I have invoked it already.....i will want to "scent it" maybe with sage first.....and pershaps acquire a purple silk for reading....

cheers,

Voron

The Best Thoth

Well I found the box that formerly housed my long lost beloved dark/saturated Thoth that I'd mentioned earlier. The best printing of the Thoth I've ever seen.

It is a White box with XXI The Universe (with the newer borders) on the back.

The top of the box says, in sans serif font (dashes added for spacing):

"ALEISTER CROWLEY THOTH TAROT
----Deck Printed in Switzerland
---U.S. GAMES SYSTEMS, INC.
-----Stamford, CT 06902 USA
and AGMULLER & CIE, Switzerland
CR80-----------ISBN 0-88079-308-2"

On the Front, it has in red calligaphic lettering (dashes added for spacing):

"ALEISTER CROWLEY
------THOTH
----TAROT DECK"

Then in black, curved in an arc, in a fancy old english style font:

"Ordo Templi Orientis"

over a red OTO lamen.

then, in black sans-serif(all centered):
"IN SMALL CARD SIZE

BOOKLET OF INSTRUCTIONS
Includes essay by Lady Frieda Harris
and foreward by Stuart Kaplan

COMPLETE 80-CARD CROWLEY TAROT DECK
Includes Three Renditions of
The Magus/Magician Cards"

The sides each say a bunch of stuff about Crowley and Harris and the extra cards

The bottom has the ISBN #, two barcodes: "9 780880 793087" and "90000>" , and the letters "EAN"

If anybody has this exact deck, or knows where to get it, I'd love to hear from you.