Phantasmagoric *Six Swords*

Little Baron

Well, thought that as I am packed up and leaving in the morning, I would draw just one last card before I went ...

Here is the 6 of Swords.

I love this card. In terms of just the way it looks, I love the layout; the staircase between the two houses, the way it coils round, the pink turret, the moonlight.

I love that lunatic with its swords; reminds me of myself after a night out on the scotch LOL.. I feel sorry for the other guy though. He's really had enough and is taking himself away to a quieter place, away from danger. I also feel sorry for the lunatic though; he's obviously in pain and danger to, brought upon himself.

What are your takes on this one?

Yaboot

galadrial

I just drew this card as part of my Water Cup Desert spread on my emotional relationship toward money. It was one of the two cards in the postion of how to get a handle on it. So I see this as the Jeckyll and Hyde aspects of myself. One part of me stands out in the moonlight and has delusions of being able to reach out toward the universe and claw more stuff toward me. "I Must Have That Cool Deck I Saw! BwaHAHAHAHA!" He is wearing a dunce cap with the moon on it- his head is filled with inane illusions that more will make him happier. He is not content to stay within his home, but looks out over larger vistas and dreams of expanding his domain. Fortunately, this card is about crossing over from that to higher ground- going "upstairs" spiritually and into the realm of clear thinking (a door with a spade on it) and out of the moonlight. He is all in white to show the purity of his intentions. He has walked away from emotionalism and egotism to a quiet space, even a sacred space (royal purple), where he will just be himself and find that that is enough.

Melvis

What a great interpretation, galadriel! I hadn't thought of the card that way. My interpretation goes in a different direction. I see the Lunatic as trying to scare away his problems with a big display, like some animals do (showing their teeth, etc.) He's not running away in a literal sense, but he's not really confronting the root of his problem.

I see the neighbor as someone about to confront her problem. The fact that the stairs from her door lead to the Lunatic's tower makes me think that the Lunatic IS her problem! Noisy neighbor, won't be quiet at night when people are trying to sleep, and all that. I think the choice she is pondering while standing at the door is how she is going to handle it. Will she yell at the Lunatic, threaten him? Or will she try to get him to talk about his problems, and in that way quiet him down?

I see this card as having a kind of 'moral', like a fairy tale. At first glance you might think the neighbor is about to just run away from home and escape the problem that way. But when the neighbor would rush down the stairs she'd end up right in the heart of her problem instead! So she has to deal with it.

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Xarokys

The Lunatic of Negativity

This is one of my fave cards. I love that swirly staircase, I just imagine it curving down and down like a corkscrew.

That poor fellow at the top of the stairs, he wants to find a solution to his problem, the noisy lunatic neighbor, but the way out leads right into the neighbor's house. I see this as meaning that sometimes you have to face your problems head-on and beard the lion in its den. Although if he tippy-toes maybe he can sneak past, but that wouldn't solve the problem.

Another way to look at it, the fellow in white has just climbed up the stairs, he made it past the lunatic without a scratch, and now he's going to shut the door for some well-deserved peace and quiet.

Maan

Like most of you i really like this card. Its so "crazy"
For me its about confronting fears. Thats why she has to go through the lunatic's tower to get away.
Isn''t that always the case?To move forward in life we must overcome our fears

Love
Maan