10 of Cups as an event?

Libra289

So my friend asked if he would get together with a lady he's had his eyes on for a while. He was curious as to whether she would ask him out or vice versa. She's single and seems to like him a lot.

10 of Cups was the outcome. It's not exactly like the 2 of Cups, a blissful/deep connection, but it definitely looked promising from my perspective. 10 of Cups, to me, symbolizes finalizing something emotionally, such as getting married, starting a family, or maybe even a break-up if followed by cards such as 10 of Swords.

So, what do you think? :)

Ace

It can be a breakthrough. A push FORWARD to the next step. I would say, go ahead and ask her out, she will be receptive.

10's are endings but also beginnings.

Barb

Libra289

It can be a breakthrough. A push FORWARD to the next step. I would say, go ahead and ask her out, she will be receptive.

10's are endings but also beginnings.

Barb

What if he's too shy to make the first move? Does this card suggest things will progress naturally or will nothing happen if he doesn't initiate?

danieljuk

the ten of cups is the ultimate in emotional fulfilment and is moving things to the next stage. so getting together I think will happen. They might feel like a perfect connection. This doesn't mean it will last or end automatically in marriage, just getting together will go really well and might seem wonderful.

LeFou

What if he's too shy to make the first move? Does this card suggest things will progress naturally or will nothing happen if he doesn't initiate?

Cups are Yin (being receptive, observing, responding), whereas outward action toward a specific goal (e.g., asking her out) would be fiery Yang, associated more with Wands (and airy mental Swords).

As (we might say) the "ultimate" Cups card, 10 of Cups might represent day-dreamy "idealizing," appreciating and contemplating what's "perfect and beautiful" rather than setting out to achieve something. If he's at this moment in a 10 of Cups mood, why not go with that? And when he's in more of a Wands moment, he can go with that.

We have no idea what kind of moment -she- is having, so impossible to say whether she would ask him out. But if she likes him, his shyness is no hindrance as she may see him as Knight of Cups (or who knows, King of Wands). Love is funny like that.

Libra289

the ten of cups is the ultimate in emotional fulfilment and is moving things to the next stage. so getting together I think will happen. They might feel like a perfect connection. This doesn't mean it will last or end automatically in marriage, just getting together will go really well and might seem wonderful.

You're right :) I used marriage as an example, I don't think he's expecting marriage quite yet hahaha!

Cups are Yin (being receptive, observing, responding), whereas outward action toward a specific goal (e.g., asking her out) would be fiery Yang, associated more with Wands (and airy mental Swords).

As (we might say) the "ultimate" Cups card, 10 of Cups might represent day-dreamy "idealizing," appreciating and contemplating what's "perfect and beautiful" rather than setting out to achieve something. If he's at this moment in a 10 of Cups mood, why not go with that? And when he's in more of a Wands moment, he can go with that.

We have no idea what kind of moment -she- is having, so impossible to say whether she would ask him out. But if she likes him, his shyness is no hindrance as she may see him as Knight of Cups (or who knows, King of Wands). Love is funny like that.

Ah I see, well the question was 'Will she ask me out?' so if 10 of Cups is appearing I think maybe. I see 7 of Cups as a daydreaming card, but I see it too in the 10. It's not as driven as wands/swords ... but I think either way it looks like maybe something will happen between them (friendship or more) as it is the final card of the cups suit.

LeFou

...the question was 'Will she ask me out?'

Aha, okay, was the "or vice versa" in there?

Ace

I think you need more cards for that. But maybe it says he SHOULD just get past his fear (or feel the fear and do it anyway.) and ask her out already.

Barb

Libra289

Aha, okay, was the "or vice versa" in there?

No, sorry for not making it clear :p the actually question was just 'Will she ask him out?' ... I just said 'vice versa' meaning, if it was a no then maybe he would have to do it... am I making sense?

I think you need more cards for that. But maybe it says he SHOULD just get past his fear (or feel the fear and do it anyway.) and ask her out already.

Barb

Haha maybe so!

Teheuti

So my friend asked if he would get together with a lady he's had his eyes on for a while. He was curious as to whether she would ask him out or vice versa.
Your friend has asked three separate questions above, so it's hard to know which one is being answered. Taking the first question, the Ten of Cups answers, "Yes," unless other cards in the spread negate this.